Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here had any dealings with fair Oaks ford in Naperville iillinois? I ordered my 06 GT May 5th on the x-plan. Ive got a DORA with a priority 49, and they told me from the start it should be November for a delivery. I cant help but notice all the other people on here who ordered their cars two months AFTER me and are getting serialized and have build dates! Any input by anyone would be appreciated.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Speed said:
Anyone here had any dealings with fair Oaks ford in Naperville iillinois? I ordered my 06 GT May 5th on the x-plan. Ive got a DORA with a priority 49, and they told me from the start it should be November for a delivery. I cant help but notice all the other people on here who ordered their cars two months AFTER me and are getting serialized and have build dates! Any input by anyone would be appreciated.
Go to Victor Ford in Wacaunda, I got my 05 from them in 6 weeks flat. Don't know if they would give you the X-plan price though. They do have 06 v6's already, so I am assuming they got a GT or 2 as well for those who ordered.
If you decide to go Chevo was the salesman I dealt with, super nice and friendly. Also got my sisters friend an 05 GT vert near the end of 05's here, a deal fell through and he called her right up so she got her car.

http://www.victorford.com

·
Registered
78 Posts
I also bought my car at Victor Ford in Wauconda. Glenda was the sales Lady. Very nice to deal with and Dave put the deal together with my trade in. Highly recommend them! :eyepoppin

·
Registered
209 Posts
Go to the thread "checking build dates" and start at the beginning. I'm afraid you have fallen victim to the allocation crapola. With a priority 49, you may never get a build date. I waited 6 months and then was told that I would never get mine because my dealer didn't have any allocations. Now if you pay sticker, your priority may go to 10 and you'd have your car in weeks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I waited 3 months on a GT only to be told I was going to default into a 06 and have to wait 3 more months! Plus the color I wanted (Sonic Blue would no longer be available in 06). That didnt fly and I went and got a V6 with all the bells and whistles in Sonic Blue and modified to my liking. I am totally positive that my dealer knew I wouldnt get a GT but strung me along anyway figuring I would just roll over. Plus Ford doesnt have there $hit together to give you a deffinate answer wheather you will get one or not. I mean you can only build so many GT's a day/week/month/year. Take that buy the amount of orders and they should be pretty much able to pin it down to the month at least!

You also need to learn about allocations. The dealers arnt very forthcoming about this. What ever you decide to do make sure you get a number in line as far as allocations are concerned and find out how many GT's are allocated to that dealer per month. Higher sales of cars per dealer means higher amount of Gt's! You may be able to go out in the country to a dealer that may have an alocation alot sooner.

Not to spoil your mood either but I havent heard of any places giving X plans on GT's. Maybe a V6 but not GT's. When you get a priority code of 10 then you know your getting somewhere. Best of luck, its a great car!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Speed said:
I originally ordered an '05 from Fair Oaks Ford (see signature) I then chose to go to River View in Oswego. They gave me an awesome price and are very honest people. I would recommend them to anyone. Ditch Fair Oaks!!! PM me if you would like. Wauconda may have a good dealership, but that is a haul from Naperville IMO.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Jim Smyth said:
Not to spoil your mood either but I havent heard of any places giving X plans on GT's. Maybe a V6 but not GT's. When you get a priority code of 10 then you know your getting somewhere. Best of luck, its a great car!
I had to look around but I found a dealer that gave me x-plan on my gt, and quite a few others here have done the same. I put my order in at the end of June I am the next allocation they have, the dealer expects ford to pull my order and build it in september.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got X-plan too...I got it from Liberty Ford in Vermilon, OH.....I get x-plan through my job..(Progressive Insurance). Unsure if they will give x-plan to just anyone........:drink:

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Speed said:
All you northsiders are rich! cmon now! spend msrp+! :winks
Ive got the 3rd or 4th GT coming to my dealership. Xplanned priority 14. but the S burbs is a good haul for you. And Im not sure what orders they have taken in since mine. VanDrunen Ford Homewood, 708-798-1668

·
Registered
191 Posts
Got mine x-planned too when I was told over and over that nobody would do that. If you work for it and look hard enough the deal is out there to be had. Can't be afraid to travel either. Luckily I only had to drive 4 hours to pick mine up but I was willing to go anywhere on the east coast or midwest. With a savings of around 2K I would have paid 2 or 3 hundred bucks for a one-way plane ticket. Would have been worth it just for the fun of driving back. Don't give up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Priority

Stone man...do you know what Priority 14 means? You ordered this quite a while ago...it's built by now...right?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Hah! nope. I think they get 1 GT a month at best. I am even considering changing order to 64W and that would push it back even farther. Im not rushing this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts