Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little bit extra money this month, and i think i am going to get a Chin Spoiler. From American Muscle of course. Im sure many people have got them before on this site. Any Tips for instillation? or Problems? Thanks

·
Registered
704 Posts
depends on what you get, i just got a cheep one the had and it works ggreat you just need to get the front end off the ground so you can get under the car to drill the holes

·
Registered
306 Posts
Have a professional paint it if possible. I did it myself with some Krylon Paint for plastic and I am going to have to redo it. Luckily I knew I sucked at paint so I just installed with the screws and not the double sided tape. I just need to remove it and redo the paint. Once the paint job is golden THEN I will reinstall with the double sided tape.
Get a friend to help you as well, I installed by meself and its a frustrating PITA to do by yourself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ordered the CDC unpainted spoiler from AM, and the part and customer service were awesome.

I went unpainted because it matches the factory mirrors and grill perfect, and gives the car a Mach 1 look with the black spoiler. Installation is nothing but 3M tape, two screws that are already in the wheel well and two push pins under the bumper. I installed it on the ground, no jacks or anything, in about 15 minutes.

Pictures here: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2514324-post82.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got the pre-painted chin spoiler from American Muscle and it is awesome. It took less than a 1/2 hour to install and no drilling was required. Didn't even have to jack the front up, just turned the wheels to put the screws in. I would def recommend it!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Trust me, it was an exact match. I was nervous right up until I unwrapped that spoiler and when I did, I couldn't believe what a perfect match it was. It was glossy and the exact shade of the paint on my car. I don't think you would be disappointed. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i watched the video on American Muscle.com and they say to jack it up and drill in the screws that come with the kit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts