Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 v6er w/ cai and my friend told me to research in chips. I did and i found some tempting offers like $40 for a gain of about 20-40 hp, or 60+ hp gain for about $300.
i had no idea that chips were such a great deal.:eyebulge: If anyone has some experience plz let me know
i am am willing to pay below $100.

·
Registered
81 Posts
haha, ya, that's called a SCAM! the cheap crap off of e-bay doesn't work and will usually harm your engine (resistors). for brand name chips that actually work, look at SCT or something, they usually run $200-$400 and give you bout 10-20hp i think..., depending on what you already got. if a company says you'll see 60 extra horses, its a joke.

anybody else have more to add/correct me?
check out: http://sctflash.com/xcalibrator.php

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok that was a stupid question i never really trusted ebay. i did find out that the top of the line chips come down to the SCT XCalibrator, and the predeator. i am interested in the mustangtuning.com one (the x cailibrator) they are selling it for $299.99.
Gains on stock GT's around 17 RWHP and 20 ft-lbs of torque. More on V6 and S/C Cobra.
Remember, these are stock numbers. Gains will be higher on modified vehicles.

Though there appear to have no garentees or warrentys. i am considering it what do guys think...

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
eleanor78895 said:
I have a 2000 v6er w/ cai and my friend told me to research in chips. I did and i found some tempting offers like $40 for a gain of about 20-40 hp, or 60+ hp gain for about $300.
i had no idea that chips were such a great deal.:eyebulge: If anyone has some experience plz let me know
i am am willing to pay below $100.
yeah, don't do it!!

you can find used chips for $70.00. I'd go with those.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
eleanor78895 said:
Ok that was a stupid question i never really trusted ebay. i did find out that the top of the line chips come down to the SCT XCalibrator, and the predeator. i am interested in the mustangtuning.com one (the x cailibrator) they are selling it for $299.99.
Gains on stock GT's around 17 RWHP and 20 ft-lbs of torque. More on V6 and S/C Cobra.
Remember, these are stock numbers. Gains will be higher on modified vehicles.

Though there appear to have no garentees or warrentys. i am considering it what do guys think...
If you're willing to use 91+ octane, you'll get between 10-12 hp.

A better deal is underdriver pulleys for the HP, or a DeMolet intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.