Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - I have a road trip tomorrow so last night I started making MP3 CDs - so damn cool - All of my A3, Metallica, GNR, and Pearl Jam on one disk - wooo hooo!

Anyhow, I get a noticble chirpping sound on some of the songs. I am new to this MP3 thing so is this something with my software or the way I have recorded them or is this something no one has heard of before?

As always, thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
You have some sort of software running in the background that is affecting the data feed to your burner.

Disable your virus / spy etc software and see if it works.

That is assuming the mp3s are fine.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steven6095 said:
You have some sort of software running in the background that is affecting the data feed to your burner.

Disable your virus / spy etc software and see if it works.

That is assuming the mp3s are fine.
They played fine on the computer before I burned them to CD, so you may be right - I had about half-a-dozen apps open when I was burning them.

Thanks - I'll give it another run tonight and see. :laughlitt

·
Registered
785 Posts
You probably already know this, but burn them at the highest rate possible.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
As in bit rate? wouldnt bother really over 128bit thats cd quality. lose space using higher rates.

Heima, try the cd in the puter and play it. Still make the noise?
Usually it happens from reasons already mentioned.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Stoenr said:
As in bit rate? wouldnt bother really over 128bit thats cd quality. lose space using higher rates.

Heima, try the cd in the puter and play it. Still make the noise?
Usually it happens from reasons already mentioned.
That is correct stoener. I tried a lower bit rate and I got a bad disk on the stang and lots of skippping on my van:sosad:

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
cant hurt to try, but most all of mine are at 128 or so and dont have a problem

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
J&D said:
That is correct stoener. I tried a lower bit rate and I got a bad disk on the stang and lots of skippping on my van:sosad:
What kind of CD's are you using? a decent name brand, or did you get a pile of them for 20 bucks? It does make a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.