Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a thread a few days ago about if I want a Turbo or supercharger (procharger) for my daily driver and I choice and purchased the stage 2 procharger tuner kit d-1. I'm very excited on my choiice and can't wait to get it installed and see what numbers it makes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2011 mustang gt/cs

·
Registered
893 Posts
Congrat's King on your choice of blower:bigthumbsup

I went with the Kenne Bell 2.8 liquid cooled blower and It is a monster.I'm making 580rwhp with a very conservative tune and 7-8lbs of boost

I just had my motor built and lowered the compression to 10:1 with forged Diamond pistons and Manley rods.

after break in I will lean on it a bit more and have a little fun:smilie

Attachments

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Force induction? Like The Force is strong in this one, or Luke, use the force? That would be wicked:bigthumbsup, and personally I'd probably go darkside. Better choices...:winks jk

Great choice, I was just asking about the procharger myself. Is it a loud one with straight cut gears? I love the loud ones:gringreen Too much money right now, in 6-8 months though.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey zilla how does the kb sound on the new 5.0? watched a bunch of youtube videos on it but theres no good examples of the supercharger whine. does it whine like a kenne bell on a 03-04 cobra?

·
Registered
169 Posts

I went with the Kenne Bell 2.8 liquid cooled blower and It is a monster.I'm making 580rwhp with a very conservative tune and 7-8lbs of boost

I just had my motor built and lowered the compression to 10:1 with forged Diamond pistons and Manley rods.

Rebuilt by choice/for more power or did the motor let go?

·
Registered
407 Posts

Did you upgrade the oil pump, there are a few guys that have broken gears with PD blowers. Billet gears are available already and would be cheap insurance on your new build.

·
Registered
407 Posts
MMR makes the oil pump gears, at least they sell them

OP, Did Procharger warn you about the extremely tight fit between the fog lights and the rubber elbow going to the intercooler. They told me it would not work, but it does you will have really tight bends at the intercooler. Also be aware that you really have to trim ALOT off the valance to get the bumper cover on. It's all worth it, but it can be tough trimming several inches off the valance and cover.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Geez. I was worried about getting a tune and debated it forever. You guys are adding blowers and pulling engines apart for rods and piston changes already. You got more @#$#@ than i got. I don't mean that in a derogatory way either.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
146 Posts
damn im jealous lol (not gonna lie)

I can not wait to build my stang motor.. gotta wait a little while before i can do that (buying a new truck 2 months before my stang hurt my $$$ for upgrades a bit).

zilla8.. are you doing any work to the top end? (ie cams, porting, etc).. i hear these things make crazy power with ported heads (or boss 302r heads) and cams (more flow)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong. While I know there are tons of new 5.0's handeling a supercharged induction with no problems; however I have always been tought that a S/C application needs a lower compression ratio. A turbo would be better since the 5.0 has an 11:1 CR, right?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong. While I know there are tons of new 5.0's handeling a supercharged induction with no problems; however I have always been tought that a S/C application needs a lower compression ratio. A turbo would be better since the 5.0 has an 11:1 CR, right?
Both types of FI work better with a lower compression ratio. It allows you to run higher levels of boost without detonating. It is kind of a net gain- you lose a bit of power with the lower compression, but you more than make up for it with the higher boost levels available.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I plan to keep the stock heads and cams although I did think about doing cams while the motor was out of my car.

If there had been some solid blower cam results at the time of my rebuild I may have made a change.

This Blower just works so well with the Coyote 5.0 that to be honest you could just bolt on the blower and leave everything else stock and you would be happy:)

as for the oil pump I will keep things stock because the only problems have come when boost was 15# or higher and the stock dampener was changed to a aftermarket one.

apparently the stock inner oil pump gear does not like the harmonic issues caused by the different crankshaft pulley.

I will run no more then 10#boost so no need to change the crank pulley.

to answer the ? about why the rebuild,
I had a highflow cat failure that led to more serious problems because it was not detected in time.

This was a good excuse for me to build the bottom end the way Ford should have done to begin with:winks

hope this info helps and sorry for no videos but I'm working on getting one of my friends with a go pro to do some video for me.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm a old school 5.0 guy myself and when I first saw the 11:1 cr I said no way will I do a blower.

that's my old thinking because with the TiVCT you can run 7-10psi safely with no problems.I could have went as low as I wanted with the compression on the new motor but We decided on 10:1 and it worked out perfect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts