Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to share this as I thought is was Funny and Surprising. First off at the end of my Road is the Main Rd, US 20 heading into town the speed limit is 55 then changes to 40 for about 3 miles with just 1 40 MPH Speed Limit Sign. So when I pull off my road I have to speed up to 55 to go with the flow and then just as I get up to speed it changes from 55 to 40 for 3 miles, Im CONSTANTLY getting Tailgated by people who think Im going slow as they never see the 1 40MPH Sign, when Im in My Truck I've even hit the breaks a few times because it pisses me off when people brhind me as swearing at me and even giving me the finger, but Im going the Speed Limit!
So yesterday I went for a ride to try out my new Install of the JLT CAI and Chris Roses ALL OUT Tune, the more I drive it the more I LOVE it! Anyway comming back Im in the Imfamous 40 MPH 3 Mile stretch with 1 speed limit sign doing 40 MPH. Oh I forgot to mention this road takes you into PA as I live only about 40 Miles frm the PA Line and there's a-lot of Out of State Drivers that also think the 40 MPH Limit should be 55 and it is like a Back Country Road and really should be 55, anyway Im doing 40 with nobody behind me when I see a Motorcycle comming up Fast behind me.
It turns out it's a guy on a Harley and he's riding me, I notice he Laughing and I assume it's at My New Vanity Plate (BAD HOSS) I know a different story and I like it and it's going on My next Stang a V8. So he's riding me and laughing away and I hear him shift gears and he starts to pass me, I said to myself not so fast and as he was starting to pull by me I put it to the floor........
Now Im moving out good with the New ALL OUT Tune and the guy on the Harley see's Im not gonna let him pass so he's shifting away and giving it all he's got.
Sorry for the LONG Story but the guy on the Harley Could'nt Catch me, he was behind me the whole way and I could hear him doing all he could to try and win but he could'nt! So I look at my speedometer and Im doing about 100+so I back off and slow up to where he get's along side of me on the long straight away and when he looks at me I say (Not so Funny Now is it) He shakes his head NO and then gets back behind me and stays there untill I come up to where I have to turn onto my road.
I felt really good about how this new Tune worked and I never in a Million years thought I was gonna win the Race but I did:bigthumbsup
I just had to share this as this is the only time I ever tried to Race anyone with my Mustang, I was Impressed:bigthumbsup Thank's for the Great Yune Chris:bigthumbsup
Oh and I would have never tried this but the road is long and straight and I could see for a long way the the road was clear in both directions.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
thats great!! and your a V-6 car too :) nice tune.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I ain't gonna bust ur nuts for street racin (NOT) but since I ride a motorcycle I gotta tell you that once a person goes to pass you, LET THEM. What you did can be dangerous and even deadly. And all for what? So you can grab your sack and say you raced a Harley and won? However, the biker is just as much at fault as you are for still trying to pass you.

Most V-twin bikes top out between 100-110 mph. They got great torque down low but fall off at the top end so once you get up to those speeds, he has nothin left so I don't know what he was thinkin pursuing that long.....oh well, no one got hurt.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ain't gonna bust ur nuts for street racin (NOT) but since I ride a motorcycle I gotta tell you that once a person goes to pass you, LET THEM. What you did can be dangerous and even deadly. And all for what? So you can grab your sack and say you raced a Harley and won? However, the biker is just as much at fault as you are for still trying to pass you.

Most V-twin bikes top out between 100-110 mph. They got great torque down low but fall off at the top end so once you get up to those speeds, he has nothin left so I don't know what he was thinkin pursuing that long.....oh well, no one got hurt.
I did mention above that the road was straight and clear, I could see ahead for 2 miles and no one was comming or I'd have never tried it, believe me safe is my middle name. And it was'nt about the winning part as I dont race anyone, it was mostly about the (Laughing) part on his behaf. Also one of my good Friends is the President of a local Harley Club and I hang out at the Club now and then and respect them guys a-lot, there a Great Bunch of People, now that I thought of it I'll probably hear it from one of the Members tomorrow ( I hope it was'nt one of them) as Im going to a Benefit there for a Local Girl who has Cancer.
Thank's for the reply and I'll try not to let it happen again:winks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Harley Davidsons are machines that convert fuel into noise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love my mustang, and I love my NOISY Harley.

With that being said, I've never seen a mustang that can beat my harley 0-80. Now once you hit top end, of course that changes, and my harley is FAR from stock (stage 3).

I can't say that I would have been smiling or doing 100+ trying pass anyone though on my bike. Thats just stupid.

What type of tune do you have and what kind of HP gains did it give you?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Well Ron, You finally got the thrill of seeing what it would do with a tune, the difference really is amazing, now of course you need to got to the track and see what you can do there :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I love my mustang, and I love my NOISY Harley.

With that being said, I've never seen a mustang that can beat my harley 0-80. Now once you hit top end, of course that changes, and my harley is FAR from stock (stage 3).

I can't say that I would have been smiling or doing 100+ trying pass anyone though on my bike. Thats just stupid.

What type of tune do you have and what kind of HP gains did it give you?
I was already doing 40 MPH when he tried to pass me, if it was at a stop Im sure he'd of taken me....for awhile. I have the JLT CAI and a 93 Octane ALL OUT Tune from Chris Rose. I have no Clue of my HP Gains, all I know is it's More and a Much Faster Car than Befor:bigthumbsup

Well Ron, You finally got the thrill of seeing what it would do with a tune, the difference really is amazing, now of course you need to got to the track and see what you can do there :bigthumbsup
Your right Steve, Im enjoying the Crap out of it now, it's a Totally Different Car:bigthumbsup There's no Tracks around here or I'd go and see what it will do, I'll do some more checking but I dont think there are, nothing close anyway. But I got to get My Dual Exhaust Installed first, that's comming soon:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.