Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a 1989 ford mustang 2.3 liter with a manual transmission.

The problem i have is ever since it has been getting cold I notice it starting to idle a little harder than normal, recently the problem has been getting worse where the car starts to buck hard like you are a newbie at a standard transmision. As soon as you hit second or third gear the car really shakes and bucks hard.
Plugs, wires, flue filter have been changed recently and the cap and rotor look good any ideas??? Everyone so far has been saying fuel pump but I would like to make sure. Thanks

G

·
golfguy said:
Hello

I have a 1989 ford mustang 2.3 liter with a manual transmission.

The problem i have is ever since it has been getting cold I notice it starting to idle a little harder than normal, recently the problem has been getting worse where the car starts to buck hard like you are a newbie at a standard transmision. As soon as you hit second or third gear the car really shakes and bucks hard.
Plugs, wires, flue filter have been changed recently and the cap and rotor look good any ideas??? Everyone so far has been saying fuel pump but I would like to make sure. Thanks

Does you car have an EGR valve? I know that can cause bucking problems or surges if clogged ont he 4.6 mustangs. I had an 83 2.3 coupe and i know it didnt have a egr since it was carbed, i dont know what an 89 has tho under the hood.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input, the car is not carburated and looking on the haynes manual one of the suggestions is to replace the Eager Valve (EGR).
Maybe to add to the problem, when warming the car up for longer lenghts of time it seems to be working a little better mkaing it sound like a EGR valve.

Any more input?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.