Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found any kind of neat covers to replace the ugly black one for the cigarette lighter that come with the car????

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah, it's a nice little bling...here's a pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah Leon...the last time my son got in Dixi after I'd put in that cap, he innocently asked "What's that?" I raised my voice and said "Don't touch it!" like it was the launch button to the North Dakota ICBMs..

·
Registered
165 Posts
zregime said:
Yeah Leon...the last time my son got in Dixi after I'd put in that cap, he innocently asked "What's that?" I raised my voice and said "Don't touch it!" like it was the launch button to the North Dakota ICBMs..
:rollgrin: LOL:naughty

·
Registered
208 Posts
That was my first 'Stang mod! Steeda power outlet cover, AC knobs, seat levers, etc. :p :smoke: Goes good with the vent shine.

·
Registered
181 Posts
did yalls actually come with a cigarette lighter? mine didnt. id actually like one, not that i smoke or much less smoke in my pony, but i just like lighting stuff on fire

·
Registered
111 Posts
richey rich789 said:
did yalls actually come with a cigarette lighter? mine didnt. id actually like one, not that i smoke or much less smoke in my pony, but i just like lighting stuff on fire
Nope. Ford calls them power outlets and says not to use a cig lighter in the socket.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm really glad I opened this thread. My power cover was resting in the cup holder as my cell charger was plugged into the power source and after a trip to the car wash, it was gone. Must have gotten sucked up into the vacuum. Why didn't Ford tether the blasted thing? My local Ford dealer wants $8.50 for a replacement so $20.00 for the eject button is not out of reason. When I left the Ford dealer's parts dept. I just kept mumbling "$8.50 for a plastic cap?" Wow!!, the gas cap must be worth about $50.00 or so.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
05GT68RSSS said:
I'm really glad I opened this thread. My power cover was resting in the cup holder as my cell charger was plugged into the power source and after a trip to the car wash, it was gone. Must have gotten sucked up into the vacuum. Why didn't Ford tether the blasted thing? My local Ford dealer wants $8.50 for a replacement so $20.00 for the eject button is not out of reason. When I left the Ford dealer's parts dept. I just kept mumbling "$8.50 for a plastic cap?" Wow!!, the gas cap must be worth about $50.00 or so.
think that's bad??? When I was toying with the idea of dual exhaust... some of the kits required you buy a couple of the Ford exhaust hangers, the little square brackets with rubber bushing... $50 a piece!!! So it would have added an extra $100!

·
Registered
112 Posts
05GT68RSSS said:
... I just kept mumbling "$8.50 for a plastic cap?" Wow!!, the gas cap must be worth about $50.00 or so.
Ashtray and cigarette lighter ~ $50. Ashtray $30 or so... :eyebulge:

·
Registered
176 Posts
OUPony said:
I have the Eject plug. Here's an installed pic.
where did you get the galloping horse and your eject??how much for each??:eyebulge:

·
Registered
359 Posts
You guys just cost me $20 plus S&H. Thanks :heha:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hey Yoss...my "V6" plug fit in very snug...no rattling whatsoever...it's actually got a little heft to it, much heavier than that plastic annoyance...it's one mod you will not break a sweat installing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
zregime said:
Hey Yoss...my "V6" plug fit in very snug...no rattling whatsoever...it's actually got a little heft to it, much heavier than that plastic annoyance...it's one mod you will not break a sweat installing.
Sweet.

Although that $8 shipping seems a bit steep.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts