Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i found a nice pair of si civic seats. I was wondering if these would work in a 1990 mustang. Could i take the brackets off my stock seats and these will bolt on?

I have never done seats before.

·
Registered
432 Posts
You're not really serious about putting RICE seats into your stang are you?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Just the thought of every time I sat down in my car......I was sitting on a Honda seat in my Mustang! Something's just not right about that, but it's your car & as is often said on here....if you're happy with it then it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
these seats are very expensive and i might be able to get the pair for 300. So im willing to sacrifice a little for a good seat.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Only if you promise to somehow cover up the "SI" part. :nono:

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can have an embroidery shop take the SI out of the seats. And go easy on the man. He finally found a use for a Honda. I'd be careful though, those seats might not be rated to go faster than 80 since they are in a Honda. :D

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Those seats don't look too bad but like the others, I say lose the SI.

And they're just foam, cloth, and a bracket. It's not like he's putting a weed whacker under the hood, like they did to the one in F&F Tokyo Drift.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Give the dude a break.

Hey, has anyone priced a set of aftermarket Mustang seats lately. Junk on eBay sells for $400 a pair, Recaros...$600-$800. I can't blame the guy for wanting to save some $$$.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I would personally pay for a real seat, Because I actually like my mustangs.

·
Registered
70 Posts
#1 - "Universal" seat brackets don't fit Fox Mustangs, as Mustang brackets have a notch in the bracket, almost 90 degrees, to fit around the transverse "pipe" or tunnel in the floor pan. You can buy cheap "universals" but you're only buying a headache. If you can't reuse your Mustang brackets, get a set of Mustang-specific, like Jegs has. If you are tall, watch the headroom, as the replacement brackets are taller than stock.

#2 If you get a red Sharpee, you might be able to make the "Si" into the muSTang if you are real creative.

·
Registered
194 Posts
how about a set of newer mustang seats, like 94-04 insted.... i love my black leather seats in my 04gt! and they bolt right into our older stangs

·
Registered
446 Posts
yea just get newer mustang seats i would be like what the hell if i looked in a mustang and saw civic seats with an "SI" logo

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.