Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone.... i just want to post what had happen to me at cj pony parts back in 2006 i had brought over a $1000 worth of parts as you know when you are restoring an old mustang it could take years to get it togather ...well all these parts they sent me were ok except one peace......i called them the first guy told me i would have to buy the part i said let me talk to someone in charge..well that was on 5/8/2009 i spoke with someone on 5/11/2009 and they said i would have to talk with someone else about my prolem now we are on 5/15/2009 and no phone call ...no nothing ....this wrong part they sent me .....if they are not willing to make it right...then that fine it was only about $24.00 but i will not do business with them anymore and i will tell all of my mustang friend not to do any business with them these mustang places need to learn how to treat the consumer ....because with out us they would not be in business.......maybe its just me but...$24.00?.. i would eat that cost to keep my customer.....but thats me......anyone who has been around the mustang hobby for along time they know what i,m talking about ....i thank everyone for reading this post........:shiny:allen

·
Registered
922 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I've been using CJ Pony Parts for a couple years now and haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've spent over $4000 with CJ Pony Parts within the last 6 weeks alone and I've never had a problem with them. I think you've been patient enough this long just give them a chance to make it right. Once you get the right person on the phone I'm sure they will work with you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have been using cj pony parts for years and the only problem i have is the wait andwith parts that r on back order other then that they have been very helpful to me and a lot cheaper then other companys .

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'll be blunt.

It's been 3 years. Its on you to make sure you have the right parts within a timely matter so that it can be handled in the documented returns/exchange policy from the store.

The fact that CJs didn't laugh you off the phone is testament (in my mind at least) that they have decent customer service that would even go and talk to the owners/managers about what if anything they would be willing to do to help you out.

Sell the wrong part on ebay, lose $4 on the deal try to make it back on shipping and then buy the correct part from the vendor of your choice.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not at all

i'm just wondering, do you have trouble with everybody you buy from? :headscratch:
no not at all....but i would like to have the right parts for my car i hope that ok...:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok.............................

I'll be blunt.

It's been 3 years. Its on you to make sure you have the right parts within a timely matter so that it can be handled in the documented returns/exchange policy from the store.

The fact that CJs didn't laugh you off the phone is testament (in my mind at least) that they have decent customer service that would even go and talk to the owners/managers about what if anything they would be willing to do to help you out.

Sell the wrong part on ebay, lose $4 on the deal try to make it back on shipping and then buy the correct part from the vendor of your choice.
t
the money is no problem.....to laugh me off the phone? hey man i just wanted the right part i was not asking for money back or anything when restoring your car you don,t know whats....what.. i was willing to send the wrong part back....i will leave you with this if its ok for people to treat you any old way and that works for you thats on you......so let me be blunt ...when i spend my hard earn money i want to be treat right i don,t expect you are anyone to jump on this band wagon this is what happen to me and again this is not about bashing mustang parts places this is about good customer service which i did not get..........just being blunt:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks.....................

i have been using cj pony parts for years and the only problem i have is the wait andwith parts that r on back order other then that they have been very helpful to me and a lot cheaper then other companys .
thank you for looking

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the hope

I've spent over $4000 with CJ Pony Parts within the last 6 weeks alone and I've never had a problem with them. I think you've been patient enough this long just give them a chance to make it right. Once you get the right person on the phone I'm sure they will work with you.
thank you for the hope......:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you.......................

Sorry to hear that. I've been using CJ Pony Parts for a couple years now and haven't had any issues.
hey thanks................maybe it will get better:)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Either I missed the point or you did. Money is obviously the issue with you on this 'problem'.

If money wasn't the issue you would have simply ordered the replacement that you need some 3 years after placing your original order and been done with it. Instead you called them up and have been handed off 3-4 different times and are waiting for a call back. The only conclusion that can be made from that is that it means you asked them to do something for you to make up for this mistake. I'm pretty sure based on your post here you didn't call them and say "hey can I send this part back to you that I bought 3 years ago out of the kindness of my heart, you don't need to credit me or anything for it". :headscratch:

I am sure it was more along the lines of "Hey I placed an order and you sent me the wrong part I would like to exchange it free of charge for the correct part"...."What was your order number sir.....wow I can't find this order in the system when did you say you placed it?"...."why yes I did place my order about 3 years ago why would that be an issue?" :laugh:

From here CJ Pony Parts - Ford Mustang Parts

Missing Parts: We must be contacted concerning any missing item within 72 hours of delivery.

Damaged Parts: Keep your original box and packing. Report the damage to the freight carrier within 3 days of receipt and obtain a damage claim number. The carrier will in turn contact CJ Pony Parts Inc. If you need our assistance during this process, please phone us at (717) 657-9252.

Return Policy: If an item needs to be returned, it must be done so within 30 days of the invoice date along with a copy of the original invoice and a return authorization number. To obtain your return authorization number, please call our customer service department at 717-657-9252. All new products are guaranteed against defects in workmanship and material. Liability to CJ Pony Parts Inc. is limited to the replacement of the defective part. Returns may not be painted, stripped, used, cut, or altered in any way and must be returned in the original package. No returns will be accepted without a return authorization number. Returns sent c.o.d or freight collect will not be accepted. All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee and may not receive a refund on shipping and handling charges. If the item needs to be returned due to our error, the customer will receive a full refund for the cost of the part. No returns on special order or non stock items.
So I will reiterate my statement that the fact someone is even looking into the issue for you and not simply quoting their boiler plates is evidence that they have more customer service than you are giving them credit for.

Here's my perspective from another angle:

I bought a TV from best buy 32 months ago, turns out it wasn't the one I really needed but my custom cabinet took forever to be built and I didn't find out until just now that it doesn't fit. I only took it out of the box to test fit it....I think they should exchange it for me for the model I need.

And on edit since I'm bored

http://web.archive.org/web/20060514070044/www.cjponyparts.com/OrderInfo.asp Same page from 2006.

The bottom line is I feel for you, really I do. No one likes to get wrong parts. Heck I got the wrong pistons once on a stroker kit, they were milled wrong, I gave the shop the right specs and they faxed the wrong specs to the piston manu and my motor blew up within a week or so because it was at 13:1 compression instead of 10.5:1. I called them up within 30 days of when I bought the kit, they readily admitted to faxing the wrong specs and still did nothing for me, they wouldn't even replace the pistons with the correctly milled ones I ordered without me paying for it. That is bad customer service. But if I had ordered the kit and waited 3 years to do anything with it, I would have absolutely no expectation of anything from the place i order from. Wouldn't matter if I spent $10 or $10,000. I believe you have unfair/unfounded/improperly aligned expectations about what customer service is and should be.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Most things have to be taken care of within 90 days around this area

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok.............................

Either I missed the point or you did. Money is obviously the issue with you on this 'problem'.

If money wasn't the issue you would have simply ordered the replacement that you need some 3 years after placing your original order and been done with it. Instead you called them up and have been handed off 3-4 different times and are waiting for a call back. The only conclusion that can be made from that is that it means you asked them to do something for you to make up for this mistake. I'm pretty sure based on your post here you didn't call them and say "hey can I send this part back to you that I bought 3 years ago out of the kindness of my heart, you don't need to credit me or anything for it". :headscratch:

I am sure it was more along the lines of "Hey I placed an order and you sent me the wrong part I would like to exchange it free of charge for the correct part"...."What was your order number sir.....wow I can't find this order in the system when did you say you placed it?"...."why yes I did place my order about 3 years ago why would that be an issue?" :laugh:

From here CJ Pony Parts - Ford Mustang Parts

So I will reiterate my statement that the fact someone is even looking into the issue for you and not simply quoting their boiler plates is evidence that they have more customer service than you are giving them credit for.

Here's my perspective from another angle:

I bought a TV from best buy 32 months ago, turns out it wasn't the one I really needed but my custom cabinet took forever to be built and I didn't find out until just now that it doesn't fit. I only took it out of the box to test fit it....I think they should exchange it for me for the model I need.

And on edit since I'm bored

CJ Pony Parts Same page from 2006.

The bottom line is I feel for you, really I do. No one likes to get wrong parts. Heck I got the wrong pistons once on a stroker kit, they were milled wrong, I gave the shop the right specs and they faxed the wrong specs to the piston manu and my motor blew up within a week or so because it was at 13:1 compression instead of 10.5:1. I called them up within 30 days of when I bought the kit, they readily admitted to faxing the wrong specs and still did nothing for me, they wouldn't even replace the pistons with the correctly milled ones I ordered without me paying for it. That is bad customer service. But if I had ordered the kit and waited 3 years to do anything with it, I would have absolutely no expectation of anything from the place i order from. Wouldn't matter if I spent $10 or $10,000. I believe you have unfair/unfounded/improperly aligned expectations about what customer service is and should be.
Let me try this one more time, again the money was not the promblem. And yes I am aware that the parts are over 3 yrs ago, and I did get the correct part from another source that was more customer friendly. Again this wasn't about tryin to get money back or get over on some one. If they had of given me a call back and said" there was nothing that they can do" then I could have delt with that. But not contacting me after about 3 calls? No I am sorry weather I orderd the parts over 10yrs ago, I still think there should be a certain amount of customer service. Let me ask you something, do you work for these people?:headscratch: It sounds like your getting a pay check from C.J pony parts. :shiny: Hey I am not going to knock you for liking C.J Pony Parts. I know in my heart that I was not treated right, and no one is going to sell me on that they were fair to me. If someone were to e-mail me and tell me that there was some type of mix up or wires got crossed and thats the reason no one got in contact with me. I would be open to doing business with them again. Even if they couldn't help me on this matter. You say I am expecting to much, to have someone call me back? Well I guess I am just expecting too much. If you still business with them, then thats you. But as for me, NO WAY its going to happen. And no one is going to sell me a bill of goods. Oh by the way your fastback real nice, my dad had one when I was a kid. Hey man take it easy.:shiny:

·
Registered
810 Posts
I've never had any interaction with CJs for anything.

I'm glad you got all the parts you need but I still can not grasp why you would call a place 3 years after you ordered something and ask them to do anything about it in the first place (which has put you in this predicament of being mad at them for not calling you back yet) if money and/or replacement of part with correct item was not the purpose of the call. What did you ask them to do when you call them that resulted in them having to get a manager and say they need to call you back?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
let me tell you..

I've never had any interaction with CJs for anything.

I'm glad you got all the parts you need but I still can not grasp why you would call a place 3 years after you ordered something and ask them to do anything about it in the first place (which has put you in this predicament of being mad at them for not calling you back yet) if money and/or replacement of part with correct item was not the purpose of the call. What did you ask them to do when you call them that resulted in them having to get a manager and say they need to call you back?
My purpose in calling them was to get the correct part and thats it. It had nothing to do with money. The reason why I said it was a $24 part, I don't think thats a good reason to loose a customer(me) even if it was 3 yrs. If someone would of called me back and said they could not help me I would of said ok...I wouldn't have bought anything else from them as far as the manager I requested to speak to him and he never got back with me, again whether I'm right or wrong Customer Service is Customer Service and what was needed in this case was a call back from CJ Pony parts. Word of mouth I believe:happyhapp is everything in business.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Ok just so I am clear then.

You called them, you told them they sent you the wrong part 3 years ago and asked them to send you the correct part. You were told that you would need to buy the part and you asked to speak to a manager. You were passed off to the manager and you then told the manager that you got the wrong part 3 years ago and and you want them to send you the correct part but you are not willing to pay for it like the first guy said you had to (which is an assumption I have to make since you ended up buying the part somewhere else and you could have easily purchased it from the first person you spoke with)? Then it appears the manager said he could not help you and that you would need to speak to a 3rd person who has not called you back. Or is it that you haven't even spoken to the manager?

BTW you may have convinced yourself it isn't about money in your mind, but it is about money with them; especially if you ask them to send you something as a replacement for something from 3 years ago. The first person you talked to gave you your answer; you needed to buy the part.

You should buy from Mustangs Plus anyway there are in CA and if you have a problem 5 or so hours isn't too far to go talk to them in person.

I'll stop hogging your thread up now. :hihi:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok............................

Ok just so I am clear then.

You called them, you told them they sent you the wrong part 3 years ago and asked them to send you the correct part. You were told that you would need to buy the part and you asked to speak to a manager. You were passed off to the manager and you then told the manager that you got the wrong part 3 years ago and and you want them to send you the correct part but you are not willing to pay for it like the first guy said you had to (which is an assumption I have to make since you ended up buying the part somewhere else and you could have easily purchased it from the first person you spoke with)? Then it appears the manager said he could not help you and that you would need to speak to a 3rd person who has not called you back. Or is it that you haven't even spoken to the manager?

BTW you may have convinced yourself it isn't about money in your mind, but it is about money with them; especially if you ask them to send you something as a replacement for something from 3 years ago. The first person you talked to gave you your answer; you needed to buy the part.

You should buy from Mustangs Plus anyway there are in CA and if you have a problem 5 or so hours isn't too far to go talk to them in person.

I'll stop hogging your thread up now. :hihi:
very funny ha..ha...but serious i have respect for what you are saying and i do see your point.....:)

·
Registered
386 Posts
First, I understand the point you are trying to make. Second, 3 years is a long time to try to correct an error in a parts purchase. third, the ideal way to have dealt with this would have been for them to say "send us the part, we'll see what we can do to exchange it provided they could verify your original purchase." If you had no way of proving you actually purchased the part from CJ, I think you should have taken their first and second response as "I'm sorry but we can't help you" and move on. Sell the wrong part on ebay and get the correct part from a vendor.

I have only made one purchase from CJ and it went smoothly.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.