Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
After reading all this, I just have to reply.

In the last year, I have spent about $4000 at CJ Pony Parts. I have even had enough confidence in them to use their service department for leaf springs and sub frame connectors recently.

In the past year, yes, I have had a few heated phone calls with them, but they always corrected the problem or made sure that the issue was taken care of. Did I have to call them more than once on some things, yes.

Being in a customer service function myself, I can appreciate what it takes to make a customer happy. And, being on the other side, as a customer, I would have to say, check your own attitude and mood of the time when calling. Were you having a bad day, maybe the person you spoke to was having a bad day.

These are people, dont lose sight of that. Sometimes when I call, I dont click with who answers the phone. Well, I either can adjust my attitude and go on, or just have an unpleasant time.

CJ Pony Parts would not have a thriving business if they were horrible at customer service on a consistent basis. A couple of glitches here and there, if your a regular customer are to be expected. Do they take care of the problems, my experience is yes. Lets face it, human nature being what it is, would you want to call someone back on the phone who just gave you a bunch of crap?

Now, to your problem, specifically. It is hard to read exactly what has gone on, what I do understand is that you bought a bunch of parts three years ago and now are unhappy with one.

Really, quite simply, that is just way too long to return a part. I mean, if I bought a pair of 36" waist pants three years ago, never wore them ,and now need a 38" pair, would a store take them back?

Doesnt make them a bad store or have poor customer service, it is an unreasonable request.

And, your expectations of something other than that, are not valid. My guess is that they talked it over, said that three years after buying a part is not a reasonable time to return it and decided that was it. Your asking them to bend their policies, so if you have to call them before they call you, then thats on you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
well guys I think cj is a good place and I think posting is a blog is an interesting way of getting back at them for not calling you back. we all have experiences where we dont get rubbed the right way but I don't agree posting on a forum is the way to let it out.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
4 Posts
Use Laurel Mountain mustang. I deal with Kevin. I bought parts there last year. Some were wrong. Guess what the answer was?? Kevin told me to send them back for credit or a different part-my choice. He knew it was over a year ago. Not a very big order, but easy easy to deal with. Im not sure about price, but making one phone call and getting service is worth a little more. I go there for everything now- regardless of price. I bought my interior there, a weatherstrip kit, and some emblems. No problems, no hassels, and customer service too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well I just have to add my two cents regarding CJ Pony Parts -- in my opinion they are outstanding and will continue to get my business!

I live in Hawaii and for the last 14 years I have had great service dealing with them over the phone (even with the 6 hour time difference) and now also via the internet.

They actually care how much I pay for shipping and suggests ways that I can split my order to save on shipping. At Christmas, I ordered about 15 different items and about half of the items were backordered. They only charged shipping as if the order was shipped in the same box and didn't hit me for the multiple shipments. I also made a return -- up front, I got a return authorization, included the necessary paperwork, shipped via USPS. About 2 days after they received my package, I had my refund.

·
Registered
896 Posts
i'm just wondering, do you have trouble with everybody you buy from? :headscratch:
I'm wondering the same thing, there is a very similar post about Scott Drake here too......

I have stacks of parts from 3 and 4 years ago piled up for my restoration projects. I found one that is a RH apron but for the wrong year, I called and ordered a new one. I will put the other on ebay or give to someone in my local club that may be able to use it. It is my fault for not checking it for correctness 4 years ago when I ordered it. You say it is not a money issue, and you have multiple cars, and obviously are not in a hurry if you ordered it 3 years ago, why are you giving them a hard time in the first place?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
ok guy

ok guys........i was wrong i see your point.....its just that i spent a lot of money with cj pony parts and i just thought......even after the 3 years.... i just thought that i could get a call back....i mean i talked to 3 people and they said someone would call me back.. and nothing....let me be clear on something......if i had got a call back..i would do business with them i am really open to this....but there was no call... and i,m going to spend my money some place else.i do understand all of what you guys have said and i stand corrected...:)

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Your lucky they even talked to you most places after 30 days would hang up on you if you called and said i got the wrong part 3 years ago.

·
Registered
460 Posts
ok guys........i was wrong i see your point.....its just that i spent a lot of money with cj pony parts and i just thought......even after the 3 years.... i just thought that i could get a call back....i mean i talked to 3 people and they said someone would call me back.. and nothing....let me be clear on something......if i had got a call back..i would do business with them i am really open to this....but there was no call... and i,m going to spend my money some place else.i do understand all of what you guys have said and i stand corrected...:)

it has been my experience that it is the first 10 words and the tone of voice that can make or break a situation.

i have got a company to trade something i bought from them that was 6 years gone by.

the key is the initial behaviour and mentality at the start of the conversation.

also for the last poster a bad business would hang up on you..that's plain rude.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I will give the original poster, Mustang66aqua, some credit here too. He posted, took some abuse, but at the same time, saw that the overall Mustang community though he was not right in his expectations.

He took the data, ran it through his mind, and now is on board, give him credit for being open minded enough.

Now, mustang66aqua, I think was also may have been a little alarming to some was that you posted about two different vendors and trouble with both. That made you look like more of a complainer than anything.

Now that I have read your posts here and on the Scott Drake part, I think you understand now what folks are saying and I t hink you going to be just fine- I even changed my mind, your probably a good guy even!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
thank you

I will give the original poster, Mustang66aqua, some credit here too. He posted, took some abuse, but at the same time, saw that the overall Mustang community though he was not right in his expectations.

He took the data, ran it through his mind, and now is on board, give him credit for being open minded enough.

Now, mustang66aqua, I think was also may have been a little alarming to some was that you posted about two different vendors and trouble with both. That made you look like more of a complainer than anything.

Now that I have read your posts here and on the Scott Drake part, I think you understand now what folks are saying and I t hink you going to be just fine- I even changed my mind, your probably a good guy even!
hey.....thank you so much i,m glad that someone see,s that i am open minded...really make me feel good...again i,m on this site to make friends........ and for the record......i,m really not a complainer i think i just let it build up over the years.. dealing with many vendors.....take care:)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ive waited 3 weeks to get a dang hose in but other than that, it went by smoothly. Only thing ive ever bought there, but i am sure that they just didn't have the item in stock.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I was with you for a little while on the Scott Drake thing, but if you keep this up, you'll have to find something besides a Mustang to restore. If I understand this correctly, they called you back at least once. If it were me, and I called you back, and you told me this story over the phone, that would be the only call you received. They owe you nothing.

After reading your post again I see that they already told you that they would not accept a return on the part, and you would have to buy the correct part. As you said in your post, maybe it's you.

Your posts are very entertaining... sort of like a text form of Jerry Springer.

There was this one time when I was a kid that I went a period of time without taking a "good" bath. It seemed like everybody I was around had horrible BO. Turns out it was me. Funny, I thought it was everybody else.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
ok..............

I was with you for a little while on the Scott Drake thing, but if you keep this up, you'll have to find something besides a Mustang to restore. If I understand this correctly, they called you back at least once. If it were me, and I called you back, and you told me this story over the phone, that would be the only call you received. They owe you nothing.

After reading your post again I see that they already told you that they would not accept a return on the part, and you would have to buy the correct part. As you said in your post, maybe it's you.

Your posts are very entertaining... sort of like a text form of Jerry Springer.

There was this one time when I was a kid that I went a period of time without taking a "good" bath. It seemed like everybody I was around had horrible BO. Turns out it was me. Funny, I thought it was everybody else.
ok......1 ....you are really late and if you had read all the other post i said that i stand corrected....now your going to beat me over the head with it some more?.wow....thats whats wrong with people today...all they want to do is judge and not have all the facts...but thats ok.... and i,m going to sick with the mustang hobby.. because there are some really nice people in the hobby...so you take care:)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sorry, I read the first page and didn't realize there was more until after I posted.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've had good experience with CJ's. They have a part on backorder for me and constantly give me an update. I'm with the group. After 90 days or so you shouldn't expect a return for a wrong part -- if the part doesn't work and there is a warranty -- that might be a different story. You also have to give it to us -- you've come on strong with more than one vendor this week. No one's perfect and part of getting along is working with people. Enjoy the hobby and thanks for posting.:headscratch:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
ok..............................

Sorry, I read the first page and didn't realize there was more until after I posted.
hey............no problem...thanks:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had my dealings with CJ's and I am much happier with Virginia. ie: I needed a ps pulley for my '65 and CJ's told me it was on backorder, so I ordered. I waited well over a month. Called them back repeatedly, kept getting the same story. Finally, I talked to someone in charge and they said it is not available and never will be!:laugh: Good thing I kept calling or I would still be waiting on a phantom part as I doubt they were going to call me. I ended up finding one from a boneyard from out west that was restored like new. I have ordered alot of items from CJ's in the past with mixed results. Seems to be a 50/50 chance of getting something "in stock". Tired of the waiting game and slow mixed up shipping. Anyways, if they work for you, GREAT, but I am happier with another :bigthumbsup.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been a CJ pony parts customer for years. I had an issue with LED sequential taillights. I purchased a set and within a week a section burned out. Cj's replaced them right away. Got the second set and within two weeks a different section went out. They took them back a second time.

Anyway, I would look at your issue as a donation to the reproduction parts industry. To look at it another way, without places like Cj's, you would not be able to purchase these nice new parts cheaply, and you would be spending much more time and energy looking through junk yards getting junk parts or paying a huge price for NOS.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.