Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just purchased a 1995 mustang with a replacement 3.8 in it with 150,000 miles on it. The previous owner installed dual flowmasters from the manifolds back and no cats. I have a Check engine light on that I would attribute to the lack of o2 sensors but I also have a lag in acceleration when cold and when warm it occasionally will sputter like its not getting fuel. o2's, TPS??? HELP!

bigdaddyrick

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
bigdaddyrick said:
Hi all,

I just purchased a 1995 mustang with a replacement 3.8 in it with 150,000 miles on it. The previous owner installed dual flowmasters from the manifolds back and no cats. I have a Check engine light on that I would attribute to the lack of o2 sensors but I also have a lag in acceleration when cold and when warm it occasionally will sputter like its not getting fuel. o2's, TPS??? HELP!

bigdaddyrick
sputtering is usually either a fuel filter, fuel injectors, or you need to clean your MAF. Just spray it with computer comtact cleaner. Don't touch the wires.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
could also be the IAC acting up & keeping the "choke" on . . . Idle Air Control valve.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Maybe a broken MAF all together. that will bring up a lot of lag on the accel. It's either dirty or broken, get it checked :D

-Mustang dewd

·
Registered
56 Posts
kscoyote said:
could also be the IAC acting up & keeping the "choke" on . . . Idle Air Control valve.
Sorry for budding in this thread...but when I saw this - that's the exact problem my stang is having (im pretty sure at least).

When the car is warm and I come to a stop, the engine will sometimes dip down to below 500rpm, and sometimes even stall on me. It seems to happen more when I take the car out of gear without using the clutch. (Is taking it out of gear w/out the clutch bad for it?) But it will happen even if I use the clutch sometimes, too.
If it is the IAC, how would I diagnose and/or fix it?

On a side note, it's a '02 3.8L w/17k on it and K&N FIPK2. Rest is stock.
Thanks!! :thumbsup

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
load said:
Sorry for budding in this thread...but when I saw this - that's the exact problem my stang is having (im pretty sure at least).

When the car is warm and I come to a stop, the engine will sometimes dip down to below 500rpm, and sometimes even stall on me. It seems to happen more when I take the car out of gear without using the clutch. (Is taking it out of gear w/out the clutch bad for it?) But it will happen even if I use the clutch sometimes, too.
If it is the IAC, how would I diagnose and/or fix it?

On a side note, it's a '02 3.8L w/17k on it and K&N FIPK2. Rest is stock.
Thanks!! :thumbsup
It's still under warranty -take it to the dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.