Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally went ahead with the purchase and must say that I`m pleased. Not that there are a whole lot of choices for the Pony Package, I find the CDC unit complements the front end nicely while not drawing too much attention to itself.
It came in a textured almost flat black finish so it matches the rocker panels closely. I may at some point try painting the spoiler to get a better color match.
Fit and finish is of OEM quality and a breeze to install.
All for $125, can`t beat that.
Can you diggit?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
looks real good. i like that chin and thats a better deal that they come black. when i got mine, its was raw plastic. but the guys at cdc told me how they painted some for shows and stuff. bulldog primer, texture and trim paint. its looked pretty good for a whille, and goes pretty nice with the rockers.

Attachments

·
Registered
833 Posts
Looks good. I've kept my chin spoiler unpainted. It gets scraped from time to time and I touch it up with black Krylon paint to cover up the scratches.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks real good. i like that chin and thats a better deal that they come black. when i got mine, its was raw plastic. but the guys at cdc told me how they painted some for shows and stuff. bulldog primer, texture and trim paint. its looked pretty good for a whille, and goes pretty nice with the rockers.
I recall reading one of your write-ups on how you painted the spoiler.
I`ll put that off until after a couple of unfortunate encounters with curbs, critters, etc:winks

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
I recall reading one of your write-ups on how you painted the spoiler.
I`ll put that off until after a couple of unfortunate encounters with curbs, critters, etc:winks
heck ya. i would go as long as you can without painting it. :bigthumbsup is that your car in your avatar? i know its hard to capture the torch red in pics, at least it has been for me :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Had mine on for a few years. Never had an issue or painted it. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Had mine on for a few years. Never had an issue or painted it. :bigthumbsup
a few years? i`m feeling a little ripped off. i bought 2 classics, one for each car, a couple years back and they both came raw, partialy sanded and had to paint both of them. i thought the textured black plastic was fairly new?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Both types were available when I bought mine. I bought it in early 2008 so its been about 3 years.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heck ya. i would go as long as you can without painting it. :bigthumbsup is that your car in your avatar? i know its hard to capture the torch red in pics, at least it has been for me :)
Yes that avatar pic is my ride. Seems more Torch Orange than Red at times, must be the camera or settings. Had the same problems with my previous TR `02 as well.
Time for a new pic...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts