Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have put an Amplifier in your classic mustang, where did you ground out the amp? I was just asking since i put my amp and sub in the trunk and am a little bit worried about the gas tank sitting next to it.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Look at the top of the inside of the trunk. I guess you can say where the trunk lid hinge is bolted on. Loosen up one of the bolts around there and just ground it there. If you want, I can take a picture tomorrow and post it up. It's not hard to do, and takes less than a minute.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Here ya go Danny. You can always look above and look for a bolt to loosen and ground it there as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had removed my back seat for other work and ended up grounding my amp to one of the screws behind the back seat that was holding the clamp for my convertible top lines.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i ran through the round rubber grommet on driver side and mounted ring connector straight to one of the frame bolts underneath, But decklid supt bolt like SDMusR recommended should be fine. Remember to wire brush/sand till clean,bare metal on all grounding contact surfaces.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts