Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I just decided to go ahead and buy some new wax and while I was at it I decided to also purchase a kit of Mother's (I think, or it was Meguiars) Clay kit and am going to do the whole clean 'er up.

But aside from noting to NOT re-use the clay bars if I dropped them, I need to know...

How do I store "used" bars? I heard you can keep them for a few more usages but do I just dump them in a Ziploc bag ?

Anyways thanks!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Most clay bars come in a little plastic storage box . If it does keep it in that and pour in some of the clay lube with it to keep it moist till the next use . Ya gotta keep it wet in storage or they'll dry out and be useless . Also never use the bar without the lubricant .

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is all I have ever done, put it in a ziplock misted with some of the spray that came with the package. If you can, keep it in a cooler place other than a garage. Should last for ever until next time.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yep ziplock bag will work fine. Also fold the bar every few minutes while your using it to push the contaminents into the bar. Have fun its well worth it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would do a polishing following the clay bar session. Clay barring is great for removing surface contaminants but does not possess any abrassive properties. No point in waxing over light scratches and swirl marks. Only then should you apply the wax.
Check out Autopia, great detailing info there.
Have fun!

·
Registered
239 Posts
A ziploc bag will work just fine. I do like to mist the clay every two weeks or so just in case. Otherwise a clay bar kit was probably the best $20 I've spent to keep my car clean

·
Registered
226 Posts
+1 to the zip-lock bag. I have been a able to keep clays well over a year in one. Also, I have used both the mother's and the Meguiars, both are good.

You'll be amazed at the crap your clay will pick up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts