Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
claybared my car today for the first time ever and what a differance , SMOOOOOOTH ! mothers rocked . now for all you zaino guys . how much better are zainos products. i need to know for next spring. but today im happy. all the spots that were rough are now SMOOOOOOTH. LOL. vynle.:drool:

G

·
Zaino is the end all. My only "beef" with Zaino is that after one washing, the "slick" feeling is gone whereas tradtional waxes like MaGuires, lasts a few more washes reg the "slick" thing.

The pros to Zaino are too numerous to list, one being I can "wax" in the middle of the sunshine at the beach in 20 minutes.
I just got my second box of Zaino stuff, including Z6 and Z8 for spring buffing. I don't wax too much in winter, the weekly summer waxes are paying dividends now, a simple spray wash in some cases and its clean.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you all know the history behind the claybar method? I do............

For many years as new cars were being shipped by train the "hot brake dust" from a stopping train would fling up and hit the lower body and side panels on those new cars. The dealers had a huge problem with rust spots on the sides and lower panels a few weeks after delivery. They would have their detail shops machine polish the rust spots away for the customer but they always came back. (Why? As the "hot" train brake dust hits the paint it would burn itself into the paint. Later it turned to rust. Polishing it would not remove the metal brake dust so the rust spots would return.) Some how someone thought of using the claybar method to remove the imbedded brake metal dust and it worked. The rust spots would not return once the car had been claybared.

I bet the guy who thought of this hasnt made a dime off his discovery............but Zaino has!! :cool:

Jeff

·
Registered
214 Posts
old news :D

Zaino clay was the greatest, but imo the new Meguiar's bar is better..
and the new nxt products are becoming favourites since they brought in the polymer technology..zaino is falling off to the side unfortunately..

as noted tho it's nice to slap on a Z2 or Z5 in ass burning heat, but i think that'll be topped off with a dose of Quick Detailer instead of Z6 due to durability

·
Registered
394 Posts
I used the meguair's clay bar and it worked perfectly. I too have chosen to use the NXT products, but so far only the NXT Quick Detailer. Once spring comes around I'll try Meguair's NXT wax.

I disagree that Zaino is "falling off too the side", though. They still make a much better total "system" for your exterior with what I consider superior results to the NXT products. I just haven't been able to take the plunge and spend $80-90 on the kit. :cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
The thing that is GOOD and BAD about claying the car is. Once your done, just about any mark left on your car is in the paint. What I mean is it is a ding, dimple, bubble, etc. Not dirt, bugs road grime etc.

I have a Chevelle that I clayed for the first time a few weeks ago, and was disheartened to see alot of the imperfections in the paint. I never really noticed them during regular polishing/waxing. You can still work the imperfection by rubbing out or wet sanding etc. But you do create some extra work but the results are unbeatable.

·
Registered
214 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
I disagree that Zaino is "falling off too the side", though. They still make a much better total "system" for your exterior with what I consider superior results to the NXT products. I just haven't been able to take the plunge and spend $80-90 on the kit. :cool:
i only meant in relation to my own use..
to those devoted to the product i don't see any disloyalty arising

1 - 8 of 8 Posts