Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 Ford Mustang Convertible with a white top. I have started to notice little black spots on it, guessing its mildew or something to that nature. What is the best thing to use to clean the top? I have heard bleach and water is good....but not sure if that is true or not?

Thanks,

Iceman

·
Registered
52 Posts
iceman187 said:
I just bought a 2003 Ford Mustang Convertible with a white top. I have started to notice little black spots on it, guessing its mildew or something to that nature. What is the best thing to use to clean the top? I have heard bleach and water is good....but not sure if that is true or not?

Thanks,

Iceman
i do think that bleach is really good since it can clean up any stains. bleach is good to shirts, right? so i think if you got a convertible top that's made of vinyl or leather type, bleach can do no harm..but before doing it, make sure u read some directions and whats with the bleach that can cause no damage to your convertible..see some convertible top cleaner too from the market, they can help.use sponge for smooth rubbing..check this site about your car..
http://www.partstrain.com/ShopByVehicle/FORD/MUSTANG

·
Registered
197 Posts
Cleaning White top

Look I have a 04 blacktop droptop. I went to a friend who owns detail shop and he sold me a product called "Blue 2000" just for convertable tops. This goes on just after you wash the top with a good car wash with a balled up new white cotton gym sock. It conditions and makes the top shine like you painted it with plastilux. Great stuff. Go to a detail shop that has a good reputation. There is another product called "RaggTop". It is a kit for cleaning and conditioning.

Jess

·
Banned
56 Posts
go to the store buy some comet and a hard brisel brush, scrub it really good should work wonders you'd be suprised what comet will do. id try that before i put bleach and water on it. cause i would be po if the bleach tore up my convertable top if i owned one. I used comet on a top before did wonders just a thought.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Have you ever thought about Oxyclean? We use it to clean everything at my house. It will take out any stain from just about anything, and it's safer than bleach. Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.