Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car yesterday and I'm wanting to give it a good wash and wax tomorrow. Could you guys recommend me soap, rags and wax. I'm mostly wondered about the wax. Also, I have a California special, is it ok to wax over the stripe on the sides of the car?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Check out Zinobrothers.com If you call them, Sal Zaino will answer any questions you have.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Turtle wax Ice liquid sealant/wax is just too easy to use.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i use Adam's and highly recommend it to anybody...great prodcut, easy to use, and the BEST customer service you will ever get from anywhere

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yo,
I purchased the Meguiar's detailing kit, an orbittal machine, and some bonnets to apply and remove the wax... Best purchases ever! And... The total was under $100 bucks!
Amazon.com: Meguiar's Complete Car Care Kit: Automotive White looks amazing man, the reflections you can get once you start waxing are loco!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just finished the wash/clay bar/polish job on my white, 05 Mustang and all I can say is, "wow." It looks simply amazing! After doing some research on these forums, I was led to O'reillys and purchased the Mothers clay bar kit. Even after a good wash, you could still feel stuff on the surface of the car, clinging to the clear coat.

But with the clay bar kit, the surface was liberated ... and it once again began to glow. You could run your hands across any part of the car and feel nothing but smooth. The clay bar thing is simply amazing! I would never wash/wax my car again without first using a clay bar.

Once clay bar'd I gave it another wash ... then used detail spray to ensure a clean surface. I then used a product called Race Glaze a friend in the auto business turned me on to. Its a polish/sealant and mostly found only at automotive paint shops and used by some detailers around here. I found it on Amazon. Now, my rig looks completely amazing! This stuff went on like typical wax, but polished out super easy. It contains no wax and allows the surface to breath while protecting against the elements. I may never use traditional wax on my car again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts