Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Considering adding some sort of paint protection film (AKA clear bra) and maybe some stripes in the near future, but was contemplating the correct order to do this...

It seems to me that it makes more sense to apply clear bra first and then lay stripes over this. Of course there would be no protection to the vinyl stripes and I would be curious is they apply as well to car bra material instead of directly onto car paint.

Now if I went with stripes and then clear bra, I guess that would offer some protection advantages...but the stripes would surely be damaged if I ever had to remove the clear bra.

Opinions?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Considering adding some sort of paint protection film (AKA clear bra) and maybe some stripes in the near future, but was contemplating the correct order to do this...

It seems to me that it makes more sense to apply clear bra first and then lay stripes over this. Of course there would be no protection to the vinyl stripes and I would be curious is they apply as well to car bra material instead of directly onto car paint.

Now if I went with stripes and then clear bra, I guess that would offer some protection advantages...but the stripes would surely be damaged if I ever had to remove the clear bra.

Opinions?
i have a clear bra and it works like a charm... dont really care much for stripes...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a clear bra and it works like a charm... dont really care much for stripes...
Thanks for the input, I am definitely going the clear bra route and am on the fence on whether to stripe or not. I'm killing myself every time I find any light damage in spots where the bra will be, so I have to get this done soon...

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Maybe if you get a talented applicator, he can customize & cut your clear bra so that there is no overlapping of the two. Just an idea.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I would talk to the company or an installer first. I can see pros and cons both ways.
I think 2VipeRS is on the right path. Making it so they are both flush would probably turn out the best.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My GT500 has the 3M bra. Obviously the stripes came first. The installer worked around them and even between where needed. You would not want to install the bra over or under the stripes as damage would occur to the stripes if you ever needed to replace the bra.

The stripes act just like the bra protecting what they cover. Find a good installer, they will know exactly what to do. If you are planning on stripes, the wise thing would be to install them before the bra.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.