Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anybody knows or have heard a rapid clicking noise coming from what seems to be the engine in front of the dash? It only happens and WOT between 2500 and 4500 RPM's. It's a 2001 GT, vortech v2-sq (not sure which trim) stock standard tranny and drive train, RC racing 35# injectors, BBK shorty headers, stock COP's, oil cooler, and running 91 octane from 76. If i had to guess, i would say the injectors are starving for fuel or something with the valve train but i don't like guessing. It doesn't seem to affect performance at all, it's just a loud rapid clicking and i don't want to mess something up. I will download a video to youtube or something and drop a link if i have to. Any ideas???

·
Registered
135 Posts
You've got an exhaust leak, probably a small one.
If you want an easy test do a Seafoam and
you should see it smoke at the leak.

GL
HTH

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sounds like the injectors to me and that's normal or it could be a exhaust leak like ar0wan said.

IS it worse with a cold motor and go away or get less once it warms up?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, it stays constant throught temperature range and it's not an exhaust tick. It's a clicking noise like multiple worn lifters would sound on a 4 cylinder. It also speeds up with RPM. I'm thinking it's the injectors too but i didn't know if there was anything else there that can make a similar noise or even maybe if i'm low on fuel pressure during that rpm range and the pump is just catching up at around 4500 or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.