Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed lately a clicking noise coming from the rear of the car while cruising around 50 mph. Any ideas.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Zrullac said:
I have noticed lately a clicking noise coming from the rear of the car while cruising around 50 mph. Any ideas.
You got a nail in your tire. :laughlitt

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pcfrisch said:
You got a nail in your tire. :laughlitt
LOL, funny guy.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vandil said:
And you're sure it's not the infamous fan clutch metallic "click" ?
I'm not sure. I just know the noise is coming from behind me and I have'nt been able to localize it yet.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Got the AC or Heat on?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Try this, remove all four center caps from the wheels, then take it for a ride and see if this takes care of it. The center caps were poorly designed and make a lot of noise.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My e-brake cable holder broke sometime back and made a clicking noise from the rear. Look under your driver side door toward the rear. You will see a bracket the clamps the cable to the subframe.

What happened to mine was the bolt broke in the frame and the bracket was bouncing off the road as I drove.

·
Registered
21 Posts
kruse2293 said:
Try this, remove all four center caps from the wheels, then take it for a ride and see if this takes care of it. The center caps were poorly designed and make a lot of noise.
Yep! Mine were doing this. I have the polished factory wheels from 05. Its the centercaps. I used to hear them really bad in the parking garage at work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts