Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a base v6 mustang and bought a set of original take-off leather seats from ebay. I already installed the leather on the back seat and all the headrests, but when I attempted to do the passanger seat, the huge plastic piece (wraps the left right side of the passanger seat where the lever adjusting the seat back is) won't come off. I've tried multiple times to remove it and ended up snapping a part (although I think I can superglue it back on if I can ever figure out how to take it off...)

Does anyone who has finished the mod know how to go about removing this piece? It seems like the biggest obstacle for me right now and the interior seems so ugly with just the driver and passanger seat in cloth right now...

thanks for helping

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually used yhat video as my guide, but he skipped through how to remove that Piece and kind if just does it after showing how to remove the reclining lever.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I chickened out and had a shop install mine. If the people who installed their own don't see this you could find their threads and PM them.

BTW, the Google custom search near the top right of the page works MUCH better than the forum software search.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Have a base v6 mustang and bought a set of original take-off leather seats from ebay. I already installed the leather on the back seat and all the headrests, but when I attempted to do the passanger seat, the huge plastic piece (wraps the left right side of the passanger seat where the lever adjusting the seat back is) won't come off. I've tried multiple times to remove it and ended up snapping a part (although I think I can superglue it back on if I can ever figure out how to take it off...)

Does anyone who has finished the mod know how to go about removing this piece? It seems like the biggest obstacle for me right now and the interior seems so ugly with just the driver and passanger seat in cloth right now...

thanks for helping
where is the left right side of passenger seat?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I

thanks for helping
Its supposed to pull off with a little wiggling, but mine ended up breaking the tabs off. I had to rig it back on with some eye screws and zip ties. The drivers side came off without issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.