Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK everytime I go over a speed bump at 5 mph or in and out of my driveway I hear Clunk Clunk Clunk. I took it to the dealer last week to get it checked out. They informed me that both Control Arms are bad and ordered me new ones. Does this sound right? The parts came in yesterday so going in this morning to get them put on.

When the guy was backing my car out of the shop - BAM right into a Ford Ranger, thank god it did not do anything to the car. I was PISSED anyways for having to be there for the clunking.

Hopefully this will fix the problem !!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
They crashed your car?! If I were you, I would get the car checked out at an independent dealer at Ford's expense. If there is any damage at all, sue the pants off of them for negligence...

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
OK everytime I go over a speed bump at 5 mph or in and out of my driveway I hear Clunk Clunk Clunk. I took it to the dealer last week to get it checked out. They informed me that both Control Arms are bad and ordered me new ones. Does this sound right? The parts came in yesterday so going in this morning to get them put on.

When the guy was backing my car out of the shop - BAM right into a Ford Ranger, thank god it did not do anything to the car. I was PISSED anyways for having to be there for the clunking.

I'm sorry to hear about that, what an idiot that guy was!!! In regards to the clunking... I have been going slower over speedbumps in my Stang than any car I've owned in the past. Even if I am near 5 MPH it hits HARD coming down from a speedbump.... but how are BOTH your control arms shot already?? wtf?

·
Registered
558 Posts

How many miles do you have?! I have heard a couple times on here about them going bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem, they replace the control arms and the problem went away.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
That's so strange. Going bad so early. To have your car smack into a Ranger at the dealership is completely unacceptable. Glad nothing is wrong though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After 4 hrs at the dealer yesterday, they swapped out the control arms and all is well. Speed bumps are not an issue anymore. While I was there they had a manager look over the back end of my car with a fine tooth comb. He apologized for my previous visit (Them hitting the Ranger). They gave me a voucher for a complete detail at the dealership whenever I want. Not so bad I guess. Car is fixed is all that matters.

·
Registered
895 Posts
my car was doing the same thing. My driveway has a pretty nasty pot hole at the end of it, every time I hit that thing it sounds like my whole front end is going to fall off!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts