Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a brief thread about this regarding the GTs but i want a more serious inquiry into this.

How many of you, v6 and GT owners, have noticed clunking from the transmission when disengaging the clutch. As in when putting the clutch pedal to the floor and changing gears? At first i thought this may be a part of the break in period but nothing has changed it the first 1,000 miles and i am starting to get concerned about my Tranny.

Has anyone inquired to the dealer about this?

Any results? Any service bulletins? Anything?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
My friend, rest easy. This is normal. As smooth as this drive train is under heavy acceleration, it is rather 'clunky' when just puttering around. My opinion is that they designed it for acceleration and financial efficiency at the cost of quietness.

I guarantee, based on what you have described, that the dealer, Ford Field Rep, and/or engineer will describe your noises as a "normal operating condition."

·
Registered
325 Posts
My friend, rest easy. This is normal. As smooth as this drive train is under heavy acceleration, it is rather 'clunky' when just puttering around. My opinion is that they designed it for acceleration and financial efficiency at the cost of quietness.

I guarantee, based on what you have described, that the dealer, Ford Field Rep, and/or engineer will describe your noises as a "normal operating condition."
+1, depends on how you drive the vehicle. Normal.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Normal. Tune you ear to the sound .. it's Sweet Music. Ford did a outstanding job on this driveline.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.