Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, new here. I have a question... I own a 2015 mustang Eco autumatic...concerning an issue I have been experiencing with that horrible clunking sound I get when shifting from P-D and when coming to a stop. Its loud and annoying. I have the DSS 1 piece alu and I had it installed about a yr ago after getting my Diff rebuilt. My 2 piece DS was bent beyond repair. I've had it rebalance and rechecked twice by my trans shop and they advised me it's a normal "side affect" of these 1 piece DS. I have no driveability issues except a slight vibration while decelerating. Pick up is quicker, coasting at 65-85mph is without issues and I have had her up to 130mph again no issues. Anyone have any suggestions or experiences that might have eliminated the clunking issue?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
At 4 years old, you shouldn't have gotten enough wear in the trans or differential to cause a free-play noise in your drivetrain. Likewise on your mounts/u-joints. So I'd say there is extra free-play in your differential rebuild. I'd disconnect the driveline so I could turn the rear yoke in the diff by hand to see if your free-play is there. You can also do the same with the trans. If you just have a slide sleeve on the front of your driveline, you can insert that end into the trans to check for free-play there. Your original driveline failure could have damaged the trans internals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts