Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi wich clutch suports 4500 launches with slicks i had centerforce DF, king cobra and both blew out when i get into 4th gear powershifting.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a king cobra with a billet flywheel and I haven't had any problems with powershifting mine or launching. I don't run slicks but I do run drag radials. I have a buddy with a 347 and he launches at 5000 and powershifts with his centerforce and doesn't have any problems either.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
so dont powershift, its a bad idea really anyway

·
Registered
33 Posts
We build these cars to race them, and run as low of E.T.'s as we can. We build them so we can drive them hard, and if I can't powershift mine, hell I might as well just sell it. Don't powershift it, HA!

G

·
Don't powershift.....wtf

i might as well let a grand mother drive the car

hence the term .....granny shift

anyway back on topic.....

i have had good luck with the spec 3.....

i have friend that has a spec 4 and launches @ 8200 rpm.....

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Wow you blew out a df centerforce? That's a bad ass clutch, my boy is running one with a 175 shot and so far no prob. I agree with rlg, try the spec 3 and see wut happens.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
This thread is almost 3 years old, I wonder whatever happened about it.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
LMAO wow I really need to pay attention to these dates, I did't notice this at all. :deadhorse:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I run A Zoom CLutch in mine With a 75 shot on a fully built 347 and Have no problems. Shifts Firm and Grips like a ************

·
Registered
918 Posts
I run A Zoom CLutch in mine With a 75 shot on a fully built 347 and Have no problems. Shifts Firm and Grips like a ************
I have a Zoom behind my 393 too, and zero problems so far through 57 passes this year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.