Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed the cylinder assembley (http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...ch/110403-56k-she-blew-cylinder-assembly.html ) and my clutch is kinda mushy. Just like breaks, it gets better if I pump it. It has gotten a lil better over the last two days.

Has anyone bled thier clutch or have recommendations on bleeding???? The valve is in a very awkward place and I can't seem to get a wrench on it.

I'm just "dealing" with it right now.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Changed the cylinder assembley (http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...ch/110403-56k-she-blew-cylinder-assembly.html ) and my clutch is kinda mushy. Just like breaks, it gets better if I pump it. It has gotten a lil better over the last two days.

Has anyone bled thier clutch or have recommendations on bleeding???? The valve is in a very awkward place and I can't seem to get a wrench on it.

I'm just "dealing" with it right now.
So I read this and really wanted to help you since you just helped me, but I honestly had no idea on any of this. Then I realized I had the service manual...so here ya go!!

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, thanks.

Now just to find the bleeder kit. Shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's probably the direction I'll go.

She's my daily driver, so tomorrow we'll see how she acts.

Definately have to bleed it, though.

Thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
422 Posts
That's probably the direction I'll go.

She's my daily driver, so tomorrow we'll see how she acts.

Definately have to bleed it, though.

Thanks for all the input!
Don't thank me, thank the service manual. I STILL have no idea :nogrinner

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it's been a week since I did the clutch work. Immediately after, the clutch felt mooshy. Was waiting to bleed the brakes on my day off, but as time went by, it feels great!

Could it be the clutch is "self bleeding"???????

I now have a firm clutch with great response and I didn't do a thing but drive her to work, and then some, everyday.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well it's been a week since I did the clutch work. Immediately after, the clutch felt mooshy. Was waiting to bleed the brakes on my day off, but as time went by, it feels great!

Could it be the clutch is "self bleeding"???????

I now have a firm clutch with great response and I didn't do a thing but drive her to work, and then some, everyday.

What do you guys think?
I think it could be self bleeding, but it could also be you getting used to it (doubtful). I just searched through the service manual...didn't see anything about it being self bleeding, but I wouldn't be very surprised since I feel like I have heard that is what it was.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
but it could also be you getting used to it (doubtful).
I doubt it also. Before I couldn't get her into first without pumping the clutch. Now it's right back to norm. I can't quite figure it out.

I don't know what to think, but I'm content with the clutch the way it is unless there's a possibility of damage???????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.