Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey can someone tell me how to get the end of the clutch cable out of where it goes into the tranny?

·
Registered
200 Posts
there is a metal clip u need to pull then the cable comes out or take nut off and pull cable and speedo gear out.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
yeah that clip you slide out and the just pull the cable.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nice inust did this last weekend

ok there's a black dust cover on the bellhousing that u can take off and it will expose the clutch assembly, after that you will see the fork with the cable in the fork, when I did it my cable broke so it was easy removal but find out a way to remove it from the fork, if you have a adjustable cable just adjust those two nuts all the way out. Once it's off the fork pull that retaining clip the other guys are talking about to remove the complete cable assembly from the bellhousing support. That's prettymuch it sorry for the misspelling good luck ;) trust me it can be frustrating, and when it come to replacing the cable don't get cheap but A steeda adjustable ;)

Hey can someone tell me how to get the end of the clutch cable out of where it goes into the tranny?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im sorry if i sound stupid but i dont see any clip, its just a plastic ring around the calbe that goes into a case on the tranny..

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
from what I can see from your picture, its still in there...

Attachments

·
Registered
883 Posts
Just did this yesterday in my car, the c clip in my cable holding to the bellhousing was actually missing so I just pulled it right out. I went to napa and got one from them that work pretty good. The actual cable doesn't go in the tranny, it goes through a hole on the bellhousing (picture from SmokeGt) and then to the clutch fork. Just get a prybar and push the clutch fork toward the front of the vehicle. and move the cable through the slot towards the passenger side and it slides right out. Like I said I just did this last night so if you have any questions my memory still fresh :gringreen

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright cool, now i understand.. Im gonna try it..

and the quadrant and firewall adjuster are pretty self explanitory to install right?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
lol...well if you try to follow the instructions with it then no. But if you have basic knowledge, you should be able to figure it out. Just remove the driver seat when attempting this. Its a lot easier to reach and put the new quadrant in. Just a heads up, the little stopper (not sure what its called) but its small and white like the quad. that thing is a B!TCH!!! for me to get off....

So don't expect 20 min to be done like it says. It may take more. Good luck though with that.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Man that is hard...I honestly did it in couple hours. Most important thing is just to keep calm and have patience, it will pay off. I know it sounds kinda crazy but you will start to get frustrated specially when the adjuster comes into place. If you need a complete break down SPM I will explain it. I will try and write a complete description...maybe with some pictures.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.