Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently i just had my clutch replaced. Today as i was at a red light i tried putting it in first gear put my clutch was completely loose. i was able to push my car out of the street and i had noticed that i was leaking fluid,. i am not sure what happened or what gave out. i am still able to turn my car off but my clutch is completely loose. If anyone has any information that would be great.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sounds like your clutch hydraulic line came off at the coupling to the the throwout bearing. The coupling is a 90 degree elbow that connects the hydraulic line from the break fluid reservoir to the throwout bearing slave cylinder. Each side is held in with a retaining clip that fits in to a groove. If the clip wasn't fulling seated on either side then when you pressed in your clutch pedal the one side probably came out of the coupling thus loosing all pressure in your pedal. Check your break fluid to be sure its not too low/emptied. i would have it towed back to the shop that replaced the clutch.

Ford Workshop Service & Repair Manuals - 2005 Mustang Clutch Clutch disc and pressure plate - 4.6l
Ford Workshop Service & Repair Manuals - 2005 Mustang B Manual Transaxletransmission - Tr3650 Transmission
Ford Workshop Service & Repair Manuals - 2005 Mustang Clutch Controls Clutch slave cylinder

1 - 3 of 3 Posts