Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I was driving home from work. At an intersection making a left I'm gassing the car letting out the clutch then the car lurches forward almost as if it was stalled. I recover it by mashing the clutch down. Then my clutch starts to engage right when i take my foor off the clutch like 3 inches lower in the pedal.

My car feels right each gear feels longer with more pull. Well $%&% we messed up in the install of the clutch. I had wrote another thread about how I was having trouble with it (Hardest car you've learned to drive) Anyway I drove around the block feeling everything i could. 2nd gear at one point made the car lurch forward like before and the stereo went out then turned back on?

Anyway I'm actually waiting for UPS to deliver my gears. I'm wondering what could be broken or out of place. I figure when i get the gears installed they could replace or correct whatever it is cause they are gonna be tearing it all down. Thanks in advance guys I hope this isn't a huge headache:cursing:.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do u have a stepped flywheel

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I double checked before i bought my clutch also had a machine shop prep my flywheel. no shimmy or shake on the freeway in 5th or any gear. Car drives the way it should have in the first place..... really wierd?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm hoping it was just a freak of nature type thing. My pops said there is no way the car could have the clutch installed properly and still drive at all.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Sounds like a problem with the clutch pawl. That is usually replaced when the clutch is, although many don't without issue. I'd look there.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a problem with the clutch pawl. That is usually replaced when the clutch is, although many don't without issue. I'd look there.

Awsome thanks man I'll take a look into it. I dont remember any piece like this with my clutch kit. After a search (moddedmustangs showed up) There's alot of people talking about quadrants and clutch cable adjusters in addition to the pawl might this help the problem while im in there if it isnt the pawl? Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts