Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 mustang hatchback. I bought a Steeda kit from jegs wich included a new quadrant, an adjustable cable and a firewall adjuster. I have everything installed but the clutch is extremely difficult to push in yet the clutch can be pulled up towards you about an inch. I have never adjusted a cable before and need help......

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i threaded the nut about an inch onto the cable down at the fork and the firewall about half way.

** I found the major problem, the cable was getting hung up around the firewall. The pedal is still a little stiff but when I was searching for the other problem it sounded like with a HD clutch and new quadrant that is normal.

Would someone be willing to give me some pointers so I know when it is adjusted correctly?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just installed a bbk quadrant with quick adjustment, my adjustment nut is threaded all the way to the end, and no adjustment at the fire wall, clutch is hard to push too, but was like this before i started, was hoping the bbk kit would fix this, my car has a king cobra clutch maybe thats my problem

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have everything together now and the clutch isn't to bad as far as stiffness. The cable must of been binding on something.

Right now it engages only after pushing it about a 1/4 of the way to the floor. I have been reading on how to adjust that but no luck so far....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts