Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost done with my build and I've run into a wall, the clutch. It's a standard mustang t-5 with a wilwood pull slave and wilwood master cylinder, and my issue is that the clutch will not disengage trans from the engine. I thought the slave wasn't pulling far enough so I adjusted it so it would pull the fork all the way forward and still nothing! I looked through the fork opening and every thing seemed ok with the fork and throw out bearing. I'm baffled on this one any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Almost done with my build and I've run into a wall, the clutch. It's a standard mustang t-5 with a wilwood pull slave and wilwood master cylinder, and my issue is that the clutch will not disengage trans from the engine. I thought the slave wasn't pulling far enough so I adjusted it so it would pull the fork all the way forward and still nothing! I looked through the fork opening and every thing seemed ok with the fork and throw out bearing. I'm baffled on this one any input would be greatly appreciated.
lets see some pics of the FB! Is your pressure plate new? you want to adjust your clutch so that when at rest, the fork is almost in contact with the release bearing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lets see some pics of the FB! Is your pressure plate new? you want to adjust your clutch so that when at rest, the fork is almost in contact with the release bearing.
Pressure place is new, when I started the fork had a bit of slack, and then I progressively moved the pull slave more and more forward until it finally hit the edge of the opening in the bell housing when I pressed the pedal, and there was already considerable force on the pressure plate. Also I forgot to mention, when the fork hits the the edge of the bell housing opening it sticks, and when I apply gentle pressure to the fork with a screw driver it pops right back. into its original position. Some one on the v8rx7 forum (now norotors.com) said the ball pivot may be worn.

As for pics I'll get em up once I get a chance to snap a few pics.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
A regular mustang T-5 doesn't have a slave cylinder if thats what you are refering to?

Or did i read it wrong?

Should be cable operated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for not posting for a while, been working a lot lately anyways I found out what happened. Long story short when I dropped the trans I noticed the input bearing retainer was pressing against the hub of the clutch thus forcing it against the flywheel. How could this have happened you ask? well when I was looking for a trans I found a great deal for a WC T-5 trans on craigslist, the catch was it was meant for a sn95 mustang, so the input shaft and bearing retainer was shorted (not enough) to fit a fox body bell housing by the person I bought it from. My cheapness has screwed me again! I'll post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What year RX-7? My brother's working on puting a 5.0 and T5 in an '83 RX-7 right now.
I'm swapping into an 85 rx7 same generation, if your brother has any questions I'll be more then happy to help out.

A regular mustang T-5 doesn't have a slave cylinder if thats what you are refering to?

Or did i read it wrong?

Should be cable operated.
It should be, however you can use a pull slave if you want to use hydraulics instead of a cable. Works nice and makes things less of a hassle if your swapping into a car that utilized a hydraulic clutch system originally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.