Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today will hopefully be the day we finish the AOD to T5 swap. There is one thing holding us back and that is the 5 speed pedal assembly. On the clutch pedal is a piece of broken plastic held on by a counterpin on the inside. Is this used for anything? If you push the clutch pedal in, it stays down and doesn't return. I installed a steeda quadrant could this be a problem to? Does it need a spring to return like the stock one?

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Are you sure clutch cable is routed over the quadrant and hasn't slipped of too the side of the quadrant?

I'm not real sure which plastic piece your referring too, see if the attachment helps?
To view full size open the attachment then click on the pics.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't ran the cable into the quadrant yet. I dont want to install the pedal assembly not knowing if i need what is broken. I cant really tell by the pictures, but thanks for the image, i could not find anything on the internet. I attached a picture of the broken piece. Maybe you can help.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So are those mandatory? It looks like the pedal assembly i bought doesnt have that anymore. Can i run the car without one?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good question....I am sure one of the experts will chime in here soon and let you know. The only reason I think that it is this part is because I am having issues with mine right now. It would be nice to know if it is mandatory.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live by a local ford dealership and their parts department said it was used to disengage the cruise control. I am not sure if its true, but i need to figure this out soon.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Yes you'll need that part unless you're really good a rigging up something differently.
The part you need is to keep you from starting the engine unless the clutch is fully depressed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, do you know where i could get one of those beside LRS? Where is the plug in at in the wiring? My car was an aod, and they say its in the harness.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Thanks, do you know where i could get one of those beside LRS? Where is the plug in at in the wiring? My car was an aod, and they say its in the harness.
You can buy that switch for $50 less here.
Mustangs Unlimited - The Premier Source for Mustang, Shelby and Cougar Parts and Accessories

The 3 diagrams below may help you locate the the plug.

1st Diagram is from the 89 Mustang EVTM
2nd Diagram is for the 89 dash wiring
3rd Diagram is for the 90-93 dash wiring

1 - 10 of 10 Posts