Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what type of clutch should i use,i was thinking a stage 2 because i planed to modify my motor ,but would like some ideas of what brand to use :headscratch:

·
Registered
56 Posts
CenterForce

CenterForce is all I use, great for the street (NO Chatter) hooks and takes a severe beating.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
At least you're looking ahead when buying parts. Until you upgrade other things like the power level, the stage 2 will be really grabby but it'll be the ticket when you upgrade.

Many here will say Spec, there's also Centerforce, Ram, McCleod, Hays, Zoom, Fidanza.

R

·
0 Posts
Spec stage 1 is more than enough for mildly modified car.....

Spec 1
Torque Rating: 410 ft./lbs.

Spec 2
Torque Rating: 520 ft./lbs.

Spec 2+
Torque Rating: 620 ft./lbs.

Spec 3
Torque Rating: 680 ft./lbs.

Spec 3+
Torque Rating: 800 ft./lbs.

·
Registered
547 Posts
i have a spec stage 2+ very streetable clutch, its a harder pedal but its a race clutch you will get a harder pedal with a race clutch i love the clutch im still in the 500mile break in period

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have a Spec stage II, with 30k and the flywheel still has machining marks. I wouldnt look at another brand for me personally. Its a hard pedal, which i didnt mind once I got used to it. Reasonable engagement, slightly rough. More grip than a stock can probably throw at it without slicks, its pretty phenomenal.

R

·
0 Posts
I say the same thing i have a spec stage 2+

the only thing i will trade my spec stage 2+ for is a spec 3+....

i have a spec stage 2+ very streetable clutch, its a harder pedal but its a race clutch you will get a harder pedal with a race clutch i love the clutch im still in the 500mile break in period

1989 Ford Mustang LX Notchback,5.0L 5 speed
King Cobra Clutch,Steeda Sub Frame Connectors with Seat supports,Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Flex-a-Lite Electric Fan,Mr. Gasket Hi0-Flo 180* T-Stat,FRPP E303 Cam,Trickflow upper and lower intake,BBK CAI,BBK Long Tube Headers,BBK Off-Road H-Pipe,Flowmaster 40 Series Mufflers,Aluminum Driveshaft,17" Cobra R's,10000K HID's
One problem after the next !!

But your sig says King Cobra.....:headscratch:

·
Registered
547 Posts
i just recently blew up my engine built a 331 rebuilt the tranny and got it in the car but im too lazy to change my signature lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.