Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I need a clutch replacement for my 07 V6 mustang as my clutch is slipping have anyone of you tried the LuK 07-202 Clutch Kit brand? Im also thinking of using the SPEC stage 2 the reason is I plan to upgrade gears to 3.73 in the future. I have a 93 octane race tune with cold air intake kit and I think it messed up the clutch or probably my stop and go driving in the traffic and so Im wanting to upgrade to a more durable one. If I install the Luk 07-202 would it hold up with the 3.73 gears with a race tune? Im using this car for city driving with moderate to heavy traffic approximately 20 miles a day. If you have any other brands in mind that you had good experience kindly let me know. thanks very much for any inputs.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
In general, Luk is a good clutch. This outfit that I have been buying clutches from these guys for 30+ years is family owned and have used their clutches in many applications from Hot Rods, work trucks & racing applications. Just tell them of any concerns, what you have, etc and they will discuss with you what their recommendations are...I can honestly state that I have never had and issue with anything I have every purchased from them and it always works the 1st time- just like it is suppose to! They typically cost less than most of the competitors, provide 24 hour turn-around and the assemblies always work (literally) just exactly the way they should....I just can't say enough about these guys. Just tell them what you have, how you use it and any concerns/issues.

Clutchmasters
267 E. Valley Blvd.
Rialto, CA
909-877-6800

I am also not a fan of most of the "mail order" clutch guru's for street use vehicles and that includes McLeod, etc. A good local clutch rebuilder is best to purchase from.....in most cases they have access to the same or better components, have direct experience with the vehicle you specifically have, have direct knowledge of general drivetrain/chassis issues, are faster and cheaper than most of the oem replacement units.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In general, Luk is a good clutch. This outfit that I have been buying clutches from these guys for 30+ years is family owned and have used their clutches in many applications from Hot Rods, work trucks & racing applications. Just tell them of any concerns, what you have, etc and they will discuss with you what their recommendations are...I can honestly state that I have never had and issue with anything I have every purchased from them and it always works the 1st time- just like it is suppose to! They typically cost less than most of the competitors, provide 24 hour turn-around and the assemblies always work (literally) just exactly the way they should....I just can't say enough about these guys. Just tell them what you have, how you use it and any concerns/issues.

Clutchmasters
267 E. Valley Blvd.
Rialto, CA
909-877-6800

I am also not a fan of most of the "mail order" clutch guru's for street use vehicles and that includes McLeod, etc. A good local clutch rebuilder is best to purchase from.....in most cases they have access to the same or better components, have direct experience with the vehicle you specifically have, have direct knowledge of general drivetrain/chassis issues, are faster and cheaper than most of the oem replacement units.

thanks for the advice

·
Registered
653 Posts
Never heard of any issues with the Luk. I don't recommend resurfacing the flywheel though. Mine normally lasts pretty well, it's when another part goes out that the clutch has no choice but to fail. One thing I really like is the $80 friction plate that is used on a SPEC flywheel, no need to buy a new one. Avoid SPEC Stage I altogether.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts