Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed installing the Mcleoud steel clutch line into my 2014 GT. I pressed the clutch pedal about 400 times as shown on LMR youtube video and the clutch has it's firmness back which is great. However, now the clutch makes a pretty loud squeaking noise while depressing and also when it comes back up. I never had any issues with it before the install. Has anyone else experienced this after a clutch line replacement or clutch bleed? Will the noise go away?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I noticed nothing different after mine. I also did the Steeda lightened assist spring at the same time if that matters.
Pedal feel will take 300 miles or so to return to correct pressure as with a clutch but no other issues (think I got about 67K on it since the line install now).
It minimally helped the high RPM pedal pressure loss. Would keep it from sticking to floor, but feel was never right and would still go away.
The real fix is a new non-OEM clutch.

Is it coming from clutch or from pedal?
If you did the install yourself you know how tight everything is.. my first thought it something is rubbing... slightest line flex due to pressure.. moves tiny bit.. rubs, check clearance

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed nothing different after mine. I also did the Steeda lightened assist spring at the same time if that matters.
Pedal feel will take 300 miles or so to return to correct pressure as with a clutch but no other issues (think I got about 67K on it since the line install now).
It minimally helped the high RPM pedal pressure loss. Would keep it from sticking to floor, but feel was never right and would still go away.
The real fix is a new non-OEM clutch.

Is it coming from clutch or from pedal?
If you did the install yourself you know how tight everything is.. my first thought it something is rubbing... slightest line flex due to pressure.. moves tiny bit.. rubs, check clearance
I am sure that everything is tight. I tugged on the lines after installing with the clips they seem good. The noise is coming from under the car not the pedal. I am hoping it is just some air still in the line and it will work itself out and not a bad throw out bearing. after sitting for awhile the clutch does seem to rest about 70% and not all the way up so maybe I still have some bleeding to do. I am just wondering if anyone else has heard this squeaking noise after doing this clutch install and how they got it fixed.

UPDATE:
squeaking went away after 2 days of driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am sure that everything is tight. I tugged on the lines after installing with the clips they seem good. The noise is coming from under the car not the pedal. I am hoping it is just some air still in the line and it will work itself out and not a bad throw out bearing. after sitting for awhile the clutch does seem to rest about 70% and not all the way up so maybe I still have some bleeding to do. I am just wondering if anyone else has heard this squeaking noise after doing this clutch install and how they got it fixed.

UPDATE:
Sorry to revive an old thread - but I'm wondering if I'm in a similar boat.

Just yesterday, I did a Steeda clutch assist spring on my otherwise stock 2014 GT clutch/transmission. But I've noticed afterwards that when I depress & release the clutch pedal, it does sound a bit like a creaky door hinge coming from seemingly underneath the car/transmission area. It does this sitting still/engine off while parked, and just sounds very creaky as the pedal travels up & down. It's fairly loud - very noticeable from inside & outside the car with engine off. It's slightly audible over the running engine/exhaust when the car is running. Does that mimic what you were experiencing, too?

Originally I thought it was in the pedal/spring assembly, but that all seems fairly quiet/smooth. I'm hoping it's not the throwout bearing since it does seem to be coming from underneath, but just got concerned since it's a pretty noticeable noise. I haven't driven it too much yet, only around the block - so it sounds like yours took a few days to work itself out. Guessing maybe it got some air in the line somewhere it just needs to bleed off? When I popped out my clutch assist spring, the pedal did fly back up - but otherwise the install went fine and the pedal feels fine & travel is normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
try silicone spray on brake pedal assist spring. ford has a tsb on this

UPDATE:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts