Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum!

I have a 96 5speed GT. I bought the car a couple months ago, and have drivin' it off and on (weather permitting)
Anyway, the clutch feels 'Really' heavy, pushing on it, i need a lot of force, and when holding it in my leg starts to shake from the weight. It has a new clutch (2-3000 km on it) and new flywheel. (both confirmed, got receipts).
I have tried the "pull up on pedal method" and it still doesn't help much, if any.
Without buying the adjustable clutch kits, is there any way to adjust the stock cable? It seems to be way off, because of the weight... And the fact that when the clutch is to the floor, and try to shift... It sometimes grinds gear.
Any info on this or links to any post would be helpful.

---

On a side note, my gas pedal is kind of sticky too (not really sticky, but right when i push it in, it is stuck, then all of a sudden lets go... So the car jerks forward when it starts to go. No troubles going back up. I was told that it could just be because i have a 78mm throttle body, But i think it's a bit extreme to be just 'normal'.

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Heres a couple ideas,.
Clutch cable is frayed or needs oiled
maybe clutch pivot ball broke??
As for gas pedal same thing frayed or to much of a bend in cable.

Oiling cables often, helps with friction believe me you can tell a difference same with speedo cables gets rid of jumpimg needles on cable driven speedo's

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting... What should i use to oil it? any specific product? I will give that a try since i haven't already.
I just read elsewhere that the throttle cables on the throttle body could be loose and/or improperly lined up?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Trying taking the cable off your clutch fork under the car and try moving the cable by pushing it in and out. All you have to do is jack the car up take the metal dust cover off the transmission (one bolt) then pull the clutch fork forward releasing pressure from the cable, if the cable slides freely in and out then it is your clutch but I bet its just the cable having to much friction and not sliding in and out freely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts