Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to navigate this issue, haven’t found anyone else with the same problem and posted multiple times elsewhere, I’ll give it another go.

New Clutch, flywheel, TOB, Pilot, fork, pivot stud. Original cable configuration.
When RPMs rise there is a vibration in the slack of the clutch. The second I get passed the slack, the vibration goes away. The vibration speeds and slows depending on RPM. It does in gear going down the road or in neutral in my driveway. It is a constant issue.

Every once in a while when I push the clutch in to go to neutral when driving, the pedal will be stiff as a rock. I literally have to jam it with my foot to loosen it up, and then pump it a few times to regain normal feel. I thought this was just an issue that happened after long drives on the highway, but It did it to me today after my 5 minute highway drive drive to work.... this is the part that nobody can relate to. I’m absolutely lost. I have tried the automatic adjuster and that doesn’t do anything.

·
Super Moderator
4,437 Posts
It’s hard to get a solid answer on something like this. Clearly it needs to be pulled apart and inspected to find the problem. You’re going to have to do some exploratory disassembly or pay someone else to do so. Kind of sounds like the assembly isn’t balanced properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts