Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im new to the posting thing but im a hardend mustang fan. i own an 02 GT and am proud. this weekend i went with my sister to check out an 01 cobra that she was interested in..... wshe has recently caught the horsepower bug... and she loves it. we went in and talked the guy down did all the paperwork and eveything. the car is fast... and a great deal. but she is just learning to drive stick and the clutch is way to stiff for her(shes like 5'4 110 pounds).the clutch also seems to be sitting very high compared to the brake pedal. it was very hard but not impossible for her to drive. i was wonder ing if anyone could point me to a part or adjustment or even a reason why this is happening so she will get it....... im so dissapointed in her but im doing all i can. it has 35000 miles so i dunno if its just new or what
-thanks

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
The only tjing you can do is to replace the clutch . if you just want it lower you can get an adjustable cable and that should do it but it will still be stiff unless you replace it with a softer one . it may already have an aftermarket clutch that's causing it to be so stiff .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you but do you happen to know of any brands or what type of disk or pressure plate i should use to soften it up?

·
Registered
25 Posts
The problem with the clutch is that Ford puts in a FRPP Heavy Duty Clutch in the Cobras stock. These clutches are very heavy on the pedal. The only thing that I can think of that would be a little easier and thats not that expensive would be the FRPP King Cobra Clutch set. It is basicly the same but it is easier to push in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.