Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bout ready to tear my hair out, I've got an 87 fox with a clutch that won't completely disengage.
After market quadrent with three set points ( it's on the highest one) firewall adjuster (maxed out) and we shimmed the cable underneath the car. The wierd thing is when we put the shim on it worked great, untill I took it around town and it just got worse the longer I drove. Any ideas? I have the tranny ready to come out, but I'd rather avoid that if someone has any other sugestions. :shrug

·
Super Moderator
40,051 Posts
Welcome to the site!! Have you replaced the cable yet?

·
Super Moderator
40,051 Posts
A old cable can stretch-i would install a new before pulling the trans.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Exactly could be a stretched out cable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok ive got the cable pulled out and should have a bbk adjustable cable on monday, may still go ahead with pulling the tranny, rear main is leaking, so now is a good excuse to replace that.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
No problem but I guess you didn't read the article.

Good luck tho :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
299 Posts
The maximum motorsports cable is the "factory cable". However, many have realized you can't beat the quality of factory cable on our cars.

Personally I went through 2 steeda cables before installing the maximum and so far so good.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
middle hook non adjustable cable only...the adj ones all stretch and snap eventually..make sure its routed to left of motor mount on top of steering rack then back to the fork

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
if u r facing the firewall route the cable just to the left of the motor mount...thats just towards the pass side and on top of the steering rack

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since I'm waiting for the cable to arrive I went ahead and measured the cable that I took out, it measured just shy of 60" which is the correct length? Me and my dad have been tryin to figure it out, is it possible for the quadrant to become loose and rotate out of position?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cable was buggerd ill post a pic of it when I get home, thanks everyone, can't believe I Diddnt notice it when I had it out. :heha:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts