Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about putting a pair of steeda economy charge motion deletes on my gt next. the install doesnt worry me but i am not sure how to tune for it. i have the sct2 tuner set up by brenspeed but did not say anything about the cmdp to them when they set up my tunes. can i tune my car for these with my sct2 or does it require something more? thanks.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It requires a special tune for the Charged Motion Plates. More air is getting into the engine so the special tune is needed.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
im thinking about putting a pair of steeda economy charge motion deletes on my gt next. the install doesnt worry me but i am not sure how to tune for it. i have the sct2 tuner set up by brenspeed but did not say anything about the cmdp to them when they set up my tunes. can i tune my car for these with my sct2 or does it require something more? thanks.
There should be an option to select the plates. If there isn't, you will need to contact Brenspeed for them to edit your tune. They should edit the tune for free if you get the plates from them.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Larry is right you need to have the tune adjusted to turn off the CMP function. Its an easy mod, just make sure before you pull the mainfold that you blow off the dirt around the manifold. It seems to accumulate right there. If you get then from Brenspeed they will send you a tune for free.

·
Registered
726 Posts
The X3 has the option to change for the delete plates.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i ordered my cmd plates today from brenspeed and they are gonna e-mail me the tune for it. i need a little more hp!

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I don't think your going to make anymore HP you just aren't gone to feel the big transistion when the plates open up.

·
Registered
812 Posts
i dont know if its a bad tune i got from breenspeed or if i put a lil bit too much oil when i changed my oil but .....i installed cmdp's loaded tune ,and changed oil all in one lick at the house then i had too leave the next morning to come to work and hadn't had a chance to go over everything but it seems like i lost power if that makes sense i dunno it just seems to kinda bog now maybe im jus crazy lol

·
Registered
833 Posts
Larry is right you need to have the tune adjusted to turn off the CMP function. Its an easy mod, just make sure before you pull the mainfold that you blow off the dirt around the manifold. It seems to accumulate right there. If you get then from Brenspeed they will send you a tune for free.
How hard is it to install the delete plates. What steps do you need to go through?

·
Registered
812 Posts
and grabber its not a very hard install im by no way near being a mechanic and it took me around an hour or two to do the install its pretty easy to do but like said before make sure you blow off the top of the motor so no trash falls in the intake when you take it

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
brenspeed responded to an email I sent them and said the average gain across the board of all their customers was ~ 5-6 rwhp. thats not bad considering that it only costs $150 (tune included if you bought the SCT throught them...)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i finally got time today to install the cmd plates and 93 octane tune from brenspeed. it runs great with these mods and it feels more powerful, i was hesitant because some guys claim they lost some torque or had other issues but my car is running fine with this mod. it was an easy mod.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
more or less on the low end of the rpm range , i dunno it almost feels like i lost some all the way through the band though
This was from brenspeed's site before they redid it about the delete plates:

... We recommend these for vehicles that are running a lower rear end gear (3.73, 3.90, 4.20, or lower) and frequently race the car. By removing the OEM "tumble plates" you loose a little part throttle low end torque but gain performance at wide open throttle. Most cars see in the area of a 5 rwhp by using these plates at the upper RPM's. A huge amount of our customers feel part throttle low end performance is important to them. If this is you then these plates may not be a good option. If you are looking for every last HP and do race your Mustang these are a great price ...
I don't know if this is still their opinion but it sounds like what you're feeling with your car.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
well i finally got time today to install the cmd plates and 93 octane tune from brenspeed. it runs great with these mods and it feels more powerful, i was hesitant because some guys claim they lost some torque or had other issues but my car is running fine with this mod. it was an easy mod.
I didn't lose anything when I installed mine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.