Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have a tune from bama for the the cmdp's will I still need to re-hook up the Charge Motion Control Plate actuation arms from the actuator drive motor? The instructions say to do so unless your computer has been recalibrated for the removal? is this what the tune does?

Would you hook it back up to be safe?

thanks !

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
If I have a tune from bama for the the cmdp's will I still need to re-hook up the Charge Motion Control Plate actuation arms from the actuator drive motor? The instructions say to do so unless your computer has been recalibrated for the removal? is this what the tune does?

Would you hook it back up to be safe?

thanks !
No, don't hook the arms back up. From the drive motors I'm not sure what you would connect them to anyway.

Edit: the tune turns off the drive motors :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, don't hook the arms back up. From the drive motors I'm not sure what you would connect them to anyway.

Edit: the tune turns off the drive motors :bigthumbsup
Thats what I was thinking. I just wanted to be sure, I didn't want to NOt hook it back up and have to go back in and redo it.

So in all truths is that all the tune really does? or does it adjust air/fuel ratio also?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The only thing it does is turn off the valve motors - no other parameters are changed.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
No problem - I only hope you get the same seat o the pants feeling as when I installed these plates. The CAI really helped, but in the higher rpm bands the CMDP's made the engine feel like it was set free of a pesky anchor or something. Redline came faster than ever :smilie

·
Registered
777 Posts
No problem - I only hope you get the same seat o the pants feeling as when I installed these plates. The CAI really helped, but in the higher rpm bands the CMDP's made the engine feel like it was set free of a pesky anchor or something. Redline came faster than ever :smilie
I'm on the fence about getting CMDPs and Steeda UD pulleys. I thing they would work great with the mods I have now.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I'm on the fence about getting CMDPs and Steeda UD pulleys. I thing they would work great with the mods I have now.
I'd get them if it were my money :winks though Ive never had udp's, but can still use them with my seperate Procharger belt drive if I wanted.

I'm sure they would be worth it with your mods. Also thought I'd have my old set of CMDP's to sell or giveaway, but didn't know I still had to use them under the JPC Racing intake manifold, machined down thinner for hood clearance. Oh well...they were worth it then and worth it now :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
101 Posts
The only thing it does is turn off the valve motors - no other parameters are changed.
If that's all the tune does, I would find a different tune. There are spark advance tables and airflow tables that need to be changed to take advantage of the now permanently open airway. You want the engine using the tables for when the plates are in the open position at all times.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
If that's all the tune does, I would find a different tune. There are spark advance tables and airflow tables that need to be changed to take advantage of the now permanently open airway. You want the engine using the tables for when the plates are in the open position at all times.
That's what tunes from Bama, Brenspeed, etc are meant for, not just a CMDP "tune."

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
That's what tunes from Bama, Brenspeed, etc are meant for, not just a CMDP "tune."
Exactly what I was going to say. You beat me to it by a long shot.:nogrinner

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
How is it going??

So how did everything turn out?? Like H-Kap said the air flow is noticed and the ability to get into the RPM band.

T Wayne

1 - 12 of 12 Posts