Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i just bought a set of these recently and my question is should i change out the valve springs my car has right at 75,000 miles on it and if i dont have to change them i really dont want to cause its a pita...lol ok so is there anyone here running these cams with stock springs if so is it fine or no any help appreciated thanks....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?..............

·
Registered
377 Posts
not shure
these are the same as VT's
i know the hi-tech's dont
let me know how those cams work out for you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not shure
these are the same as VT's
i know the hi-tech's dont
let me know how those cams work out for you
Ya they are the same grind as the original vt and i will be putting them in within the month after that im getting a tune and ill post the numbers so some input on the spring would be great im not worried about breaking one as the stock springs can take the lift im just worried about floating valves later on down the road if they get too wornout from the extra lift...lol :scratchchin

·
Registered
197 Posts
Unless your lift on the new cams dramatically changed from your old ones you should be fine to run your old springs. What was your old lift compared to your new lift with these cams?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the stock cams lift is .505/.534 and the new cam lift is .540/.550 but with the 75,000 miles.....is that high enough miles to worry about changing them and is that enough extra lift to worry about changing them?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any more input?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.