Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,got another kill story.I was a red onto the on-ramp of the freeway,and I see an ss going on,coming from a neighborhood wal mart.im like great now i can see how itll do against the gt.my light turns green right after he got on,so i play catch up,(he was pretty far ahead already) and do a flyby at illegal speeds.i slow down and sure enough he comes up and slows next to me,he takes off slowly and i downshift to third to get next to him.we take off on third beep at 75 and then i thought to myself"he trying???"not to sound mean but i left him really easy.he had to have been stock.he starts to catch as i slow down and i take off again,once again leaving him.i finally slow down engine brake style and he flies by me.i was expecting a better run with this ss.hes already ahead and gone now.so i go to my a bigger walmart with groceries,and hes just getting out of his car.im thinkin didnt he just come from wal-mart?i say to him"hey good race"he replies thanks your cars pretty quick what do have done to it?"nothing its all stock."i dont he believed me even though its true.he was all stock as well.then on my way back i see an se-r altima,im like cool lets go,but he didnt want to go.so i guess ill live with one win.lol.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
If you took out an SS Camaro 2002, I might be impressed but a Cobalt with a baby S/C. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't even call that a kill story. That's more like a mercy killing. When you have an 89 Notch all motor, then you take out a Z06, then you call that a kill story. 10.80'S on motor, @ 133mph with a 1.48 sixty foot time, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you took out an SS Camaro 2002, I might be impressed but a Cobalt with a baby S/C. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't even call that a kill story. That's more like a mercy killing. When you have an 89 Notch all motor, then you take out a Z06, then you call that a kill story. 10.80'S on motor, @ 133mph with a 1.48 sixty foot time, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup
I was expecting it to be faster.there not exactly slow cars

·
Registered
562 Posts
The supercharged ss cobalts are kinda quick, but the new turbo ones are really quick. I think they have close to three hundred hp.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The supercharged ss cobalts are kinda quick, but the new turbo ones are really quick. I think they have close to three hundred hp.
they have 260 at the crank and yeah they are fast,ive raced one,it was pretty even.actually,the ss was my initial choice but the mustang had a good deal on it and i couldnt wait no longer for a fast car(this was in may when they werent out yet)

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I'll leave you a shot of that 89 Notch in my avitar, and it's all motor. The Boss, now that's a different story F-2 Pro-Charger and looks stock except for the cage and that loud whistle noise from under the hood. I just can't figure out, what the heck that noise is. It doesn't do it all the time, it's just when my right foot gets' heavy, Mike.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll leave you a shot of that 89 Notch in my avitar, and it's all motor. The Boss, now that's a different story F-2 Pro-Charger and looks stock except for the cage and that loud whistle noise from under the hood. I just can't figure out, what the heck that noise is. It doesn't do it all the time, it's just when my right foot gets' heavy, Mike.:bigthumbsup
thats a sweet ride man,hopefully my stang will be putting down three times what its putting down now in the next yr or so

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
i went from 55 MPH with on on the highway, now i shifted down to 3rd in my sixer, and easily pulled away.

you should have no problem, keep us informed

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice kill. Seems like chevy slaps SS on everything now days. Most of them really are beasts. But it feels like it's wearing the SS name kinda thin.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I didnt know that the colbalts were pushing that much power these days nice kill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.