I am just about to purchase a 1998 Cobra 32V engine which I intend to put into my 1996 GT.
At the occasion of having the engine out, I was wondering about what can and should be done before installing it, given that work on the engine is much easier while not in the vehicle.
My shortlist currently is
- Deeper Oil Pan
- Windage Tray
- Hi-Temp Oil Pan Gasket
- New Cobra Clutch and Flexplate
- 255 l/hr Fuel Pump (BUT the hassle of removing the fuel tank would be required...)
- New 24 lb Injectors (same size as in the Cobra engine, but if I go for GT injectors I do not need to modify the wiring harness, is that right?)
- Shorty Headers, as they are a pita to swap afterwards
- MSD Digital Window Switch to control the IRMC of the Cobra
- Disable Knock Sensors
What else should I or need I consider?
Also, assuming I have the space and the tools required, would it be a better idea to lift the engine out, or better remove the subframe and lower the motor out of the body on a hoist?
Any advice highly appreciated!! Thanks