Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend, I had the opportunity to install my cobra intake. It went in just find...took about 9 hours in total, but included a "situation" with a valve cover that wasted about an hour. In the end, I still have my stock ones one...for now.

I can definitely feel an improvement and can now pull on cars that were neck-and-neck last summer.

Here is a pic of before and after....I still have to either acquire a new Intake decal, clean up the one I have, or just leave it alone....

Attachments

·
Registered
45,766 Posts
Yeah, that's a situation alright. But those are easily swapped later. Cool deal.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks good cool89' besides the valve cover cracking was everything else just a step by step prosess. How easy was it to remove the fuel rails .

Cant wait to throw mine on .

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good cool89' besides the valve cover cracking was everything else just a step by step prosess. How easy was it to remove the fuel rails .

It was pretty much step by step...just have to make sure you know where all the vacuum lines come from. For the fuel rails, I left them in tact, but removed the mounting bolts on the block and slid the rails over to the passenger side...it was pretty easy.

Be patient though...I made sure I had an extra day to make sure everything was right.

·
Registered
41,515 Posts
Way to go . Looks good a drag about your valve cover. But it is a easy fix.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys...I'm having a guy from work take a look...they weld all types of materials, and he has experience with aluminum. I'm hoping to have it done soon so that I can install it once I do the rear end.

·
Registered
941 Posts
ya i just did the Explorer and ported the lower it really steps up you upper rpms huh gots a nice pull?

·
Registered
842 Posts

Fuel rails come off with four 5 or 7mm bolts and removing the wiring harness. Done deal....Just be careful with the O-rings and make sure they are all in good condition and all 16 are still there. There should be one on the top and one on the bottom of each injector.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Hey Cool, no mention about the two hoses coming from underneath the cobra upper manifold compared with the four in the stock upper?? How did you run the vacuum lines? Tx.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Cool, no mention about the two hoses coming from underneath the cobra upper manifold compared with the four in the stock upper?? How did you run the vacuum lines? Tx.
Hey masshole...to be honest, I don't remember. I will be taking the upper off in the next couple of weeks to add a spacer for my valve covers, I will have a look and let you know.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
That's be cool...thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.