Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just put a bbk x pipe on my 1998 cobra and i had 40 series flowmaster mufflers on it and it was to raspy sounding. So i switched them out with real quite mufflers and the car still sounds way to raspy any ideas why and has anyone esle experienced this problem?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its normal just for the fact that the cobra has a higher output. The x pipe is suposed to give it that raspy sound. If you think that yours is loud and raspy then put on a o/r x pipe and get your exhaust dumped then let me know what you think.:cool: Other than that I think what you are experincing is just do to the fact that you where used to the original sound and now that it has been changed something doesnt sound right. Its all good.:winks

·
Registered
736 Posts
I put on a off road X with flows and noticed the same thing, but I have grown to like it, especially above 4 grand. The X pipe gives the car a more European sound. If you want to keep the X pipe, I would look at some Magnaflow and Borla mufflers. I've heard the combos and they don't give that raspy sound. Check em' out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.