Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the code I have stored in my continous memory. "Lack of heated oxygen sensor switches indicates lean (bank # 1)". What will happen is after a long time cruising on the highway in 5th gear ill get a check engine light that comes on but never stays on and goes off soon after. While the CEL is on the car will almost bog down completely, i'll press the gas and go nowhere. Is this a common problem ?would it be one of the oxygen sensors? Or is it more complicated than that?

·
Registered
47 Posts
You have a failing o2 sensor, had you had a lean condition it would be there all the time, a consistant possible vaccumm leak, ect. Your o2's control your injector pulse width and amount of fuel to add (fuel trim %) the problem is intermittant, when it happens you feel it. you might as well replace all of your o2s, (only 2) you will feel a great difference. clean your MAF sensor hotwire, unhook your battery completely and touch the cable ends together to reset PCM. *remember to unhook BOTH battery terminals*

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you soooo much! I just replaced the sensor and it is like night and day difference the car hauls ass now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.