Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ive done to much to this mustang to give up. I have a 99 v6 and the engine went out. It had a blown headgasket. before it went the check engine light was on and saying cylinder 3 misfire. i changed the plugs and everything but still was reading that and wasnt idling good at all. i figured it was a deeper problem before i could fix it the head gasket blew. i just put a new engine in and the same code is coming up and was also saying i was running lean. i found a exhaust leak which i fixed now the code is saying P0193 fuel real pressure sensor and cylinder 3 is again misfiring. Ive replaced the fuel pump and filter as well as i found my precat on the passenger side was bad so i gutted it for now. Before i go and change the fuel injector for number 3 is there anyone who knows what this may be. Only thing in common is the first engine my car was left sitting for two months and the replacement engine is a used thats been sitting. i also thing it could be the fuel pressure regulator but im running out of ideas. any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
are you using the same coil packs from your old engine?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.