Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my girlfriend's gotta CHECK ENGINE light on. I ran the scan tool on it and it's P0411. Been doing some looking around and I've seen a lot of stuff about a DPFE sensor. Now I know nothing about any emissions or EGR or any of that crap. So I read a few things about secondary air intake or something along those lines. So basically -- does the DPFE sensor need to be replaced? How much (roughly) is one? And where the hell is it? As always -- thanks for the input.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Could be the problem. Sometimes they can get clogged up and might throw a code. I would see about a used one on ebay or at a junk yard. I just did the EGR delete on my Lightning and i scrapped the DPFE also.
Did you disconnet the battery for 15-20 mins to see if the code pops back up?

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
the dpfe monitors the pressure on the EGR to make sure it's working, it should be located on the intake manifold...it's only 40 bucks if you get one on Ebay

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking about just replacing the sensor but now ya got me thinking about the EGR delete... what's all involved with that and could she still pass emissions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
it controls the egr valve. went round and round with it (intermitantly worked) shot fuel economy and power at times. finally failed changed it everything back to normal now! sometimes would set codes sometimes it would'nt(mostly noticed rolling miss @idle in park when it was acting up) seems to be a fairly common problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts